Gravity

Ajan Kloss was a place that Rey could definitely get used to. A moon filled with deep forests of ebony and evergreen. The peace and serenity that swept through in the quaint breeze was soothing to her conflicted and hurt soul. This moon was not deserving of the Resistance settling down and plundering it, using it as an operation for war and violence. However she may have felt about it is something she pushed down.

She could feel the force gently flowing through the moon. It wasn't as intense as Ahch-To, where the force felt more physical than ever. She could just feel it like a small breath. It was comforting to her and it surrounded her to calm the raging storm inside.

It had been a month.

A month since the death of Snoke.

A month since he asked her to join him.

A month since their last force bond.

After the battle of Crait, Rey was treated like some sort of hero. They all believed she had killed Snoke. But they were wrong. She let them believe. She could never reveal to them the fact that she had put her full trust in the most hated man in the galaxy. She had put her trust in Ben. She thought he had finally turned, but he only wanted to turn her instead. How could she have been so blinded by him to even think he would never betray her. It was so stupidly embarrassing.

She hadn't told Finn. By extension she hadn't told Poe or Rose either. After Finn introduced her to the two, they all became fast friends. The four became inseparable and she'd trust them all with her life, but she couldn't trust anyone with this. They could take it the wrong way, or try to use her bond as a way to make her hurt him, or question him.

But despite how much she knows she should, she doesn't like the idea of hurting him. Even after all he's done. Even after all she's done. Besides, after Snoke was killed, their connection was severed. That moment on the Falcon was just a fluke. That's what she told herself. She tried to shove it down, and repress it, but she could still feel his presence in her head. She could still feel his emotions coming through. He wasn't hiding. But she was.

She decided to leave her small bunk, where she had started to suffocate from the lack of space, and her thoughts. A run through the training course should help to clear her mind. She grabbed her staff instead, not wanting to bother Leia to practice with a saber. She did a full run, leaving out the Marksman-H combat remote because she didn't bring a saber.

After running through the course so many times that past month, it had all started to feel like second nature to her. So much so that the point for even going through the exercise was lost. She had wanted to clear her head, but all she could do was think as her body relied on muscle memory. Of course her thoughts were all about Ben. She had to correct herself. Kylo Ren. He killed Ben Solo. She returned back to her bunk, feeling more lost than ever with her thoughts still occupied by that horrible man.

As she walked through the corridors of the base a couple passed her. They were hand in hand and the girl giggled at something he said. She was in fighter technician garbs, stained with oil and dirt. Her blonde hair tied back into a messy curly ponytail. The man was much taller than her, wearing a fighter pilot uniform. He had short brown hair and he was grinning brightly down at her. Rey smiled, feeling a sudden warmth bloom in her heart. She could only imagine how they met. Possibly, she was the mechanic that worked on his X-Wing. Either way, it was sweet and she felt a sense of longing.

Perhaps it was just her loneliness that still flared up every once and a while from her secluded past in Jakku. But as she opened her door and entered her bunk, she could feel that she was missing something important. She hung her staff by the door and took out the buns in her hair, letting it flow loosely. It was a little early to retire for the night, dinner had only been served an hour ago at 6, but she didn't want to have to deal with her thoughts anymore and she was desperate for sleep.