Only friend! James :) [Edited]

Chapter 3

"Long time no see Leah. How are you doing?" He smiles cheerfully.

"Good I guess. It's been a while. After Daniel won his last match last semester you've been MIA. Where have you been?" I smile back. I have nothing against this boy! His still the coolest person I know and the only person who hasn't insulted me, well probably because he wasn't here.

"I got temporarily transferred to a school in Paris for my tennis training. I've gotten better and want to crush Daniel!" He says cracking his knuckles with a terrible smile. He looked like he was ready to kill an entire city! Well that's James for you, very competitive. "Hey, where is he? Aren't you two a thing or something? I swear when I left you two were dating!" He flapped around looking for Daniel.

"Uhm well, he... well..." I try getting it out. Why is it so hard to say that he broke up with me!

"What? Did he hit you or something?! Oh I'm going to beat him if he ever hurt you! You're a really cool friend and no one hurts my little Leah!"

Well, he's angry. "No, he... he broke up with me. Nothing big" I whisper hoping he didn't hear me, but we're not all so lucky.

"HE WHAT?!! How could he?!" He was mad. Nothing was standing in his way but me. He could even kill me!

"Chill, it's nothing really. I mean yeah it hurt and all but we can't stay in the past. Come on lets go to class. The bell rang throughout all your screaming" I jump down from the table I was sitting on, grabbed his hand and began to walk to class.

"I was so not screaming! I was man calling!" He shouts louder than before.

"So now your calling out for men, I accept you my dear gay friend. Friends like you are hard to find you know" I hid a smile walking in front of him. I miss having a friend, a true friend. James was truly the best.

"Shut up Leah, before I carry you" He growled. Carry me?! No way! I hate that! He could drop me! I am not killing brain cells from falling on my head out of his hands!

"Uh, so what's you next class" I nervously change the subject.

"Science, you?" he pops his head on my shoulder then walked beside me with his hands in his pocket.

"Science as well! Let's go before we're late!" I pull him to class.

I made double sure that James sat next to me. I am not losing my only friend now! Got one, keep one!

"Oh James you're back! It's been a while!" A high pitch voice came blurting in.

"Oh, hi Sidney. Where were you during lunch?! It was only me and Leah!" James points at me and I put up a bored look on my face. She is not getting a reaction out of me.

"With her?! Oh so sorry James. We don't hang out with ugly fat girls, but you could always hang out with me and Daniel!" she twirls her hair and giggles. I am imagining her getting her head entirely shaved. Let's see what she's left to twirl!

"Sorry to hear that Sidney but I kind of like hanging with Leah. She's chilled and whatever happened to you, I really don't care. Just don't touch Leah. Oh, and tell Daniel to stay away from me. He hurt Leah, therefore he hurt me" he sat back in his chair and ran his hand through his hair.

"You will regret this. I rule this school!" She screames back and James.

"Sorry dear, last time I checked, you aren't the principal. Now get to your seat" Mrs Mamore says getting into class.

Science went on pretty fine and so did the other periods. It was home time and now's my chance to find out what was wrong with Takeada this morning!

"Bye James! I have a brother to interrogate!" I wave to him and run off.

__________________________

Where is h... oh there he is! He was walking to the car. "Yo Tay! What was wrong this morning? You just went crazy mama on me in the car!" I run to him and pushed him a little.

"Sorry Leah, I was in a bad mood. Someone beat up one of my friends because he didn't want to go to a party with them. It's his mom's birthday today that's why he didn't want to leave her home with his dad. He wanted to be at home with her. Sorry I was mad at those boys, but I beat them up, they learnt their lesson so let's go home!" he pushs me in the car and jumped in on his side and drove off.

"That's it! You hand me worried for life's sake!" I start slapping his arm. Okay, overreaction but NAH! Don't keep stupid secrets from me!

"Hey Leah, who's Daniel, He asked me to tell you 'hold on'. Do you know anything about that?" Takeada says taking a left turn towards home.

"um, no. No I don't" I say softly. 'Hold on'? Hold onto what? I'm sorry Daniel What's over is over. Holding on is not an option. I lay my elbow on the window and rest my head in my palm and look out at the sky. Sorry Daniel, not this time.