Chapter 5

"I can't believe you two got detention we haven't even been here a week yet!" Lyra exclaimed as she walked with the twins down the great hall for dinner.

"Yeah we're going to have to work on not getting caught while pulling a prank it was sloppy I'll admit" commented Fred to his brother who was walking on the other side of Lyra.

It was only the third day since they had arrived and so far and the twins had already earned a detention and were supposed to spend the evening with Filch the caretaker.

"Nether can I miss Lupin" came professor McGonagall's irate voice from behind them, the three whirled around to face the enraged professor.

"Never in all my years have I had a student much less two get detention in less than their first week of school!"

Lyra internally chuckled at the twins faces as she turned around "see you two after your detention she waved as she started to make her way to the great hall hearing professor McGonagall berating the twins for their irresponsibility all the way to the doorway of the great hall.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lyra sighed as she finished all her homework stretching out her hands and fingers, the rest of the weekend was now hers. 

She went in search of the twins who had been suspiciously quiet since their detection on Wednesday, it took her almost an hour but she finally found them in an unused classroom in an mostly abandoned part of the castle both hunched over something she couldn't see.

"What are you two up to?" she asked.

The twins jumped surprised that someone had found them and spun around to face her. "Lyra" they spoke in unison as they tried to hide whatever they were looking at.

"What are you doing here this fine afternoon?" Fred asked in return.

With a raised eyebrow and crossed arms "I'm looking for you two because I know your up to something" Lyra said before she dashed around the twins and nabbed whatever they were looking at before they could stop her.

In her hands was an old blank piece of parchment. She looked at the twins with a confused look, "this is what you were trying to hide"?

The twins just shrugged "we know it doesn't look like much but we swiped it from Filch during detention, he had it in a cabinet market dangerous so we figured that there was something special about it but so far it just looks like a piece of prank parchment, see" Fred said as he went to demonstrate.

He pointed his wand at it and spoke "Revelio". Lyra's eyes widened at the words that appeared on the page next.

Mister Moony would like to say that no matter how many times you try that spell it's not going to work.

Mister Prongs would like to say that this interaction is starting to get quite boring.

Mister Padfoot would like to know who your friend is.

Mister Wormtail agrees with everything just said.

"You found the Marauder's Map" Lyra breathed not believing her eyes.

Mister Moony would like to know how it is that you know about Marauder's Map.

Mister Prongs would also like to know and adds that he would like to know the young lady's name.

Mister Padfoot concurs with Mister Moony and Mister Prongs.

Mister Wormtail agrees with everything just said.