Chapter Eleven

Percy was on the verge of panic.

His wedding was two days. He should have been partying with his friends at his bachelor party. He should be getting ready for the most important day of his life.

But nooo. He was sitting at the back of a police car with his hands cuffed behind his back, going to jail. All because of those stupid telkhines. He was really hating his life right now.

"But we're serious!" Leo protested. "There were these, er, other people, that were doing all that stuff that happened back there! We were trying to stop them and-"

"Will you stop it with that story of yours!" the officer, whose name was Micheal, said. "I know what I saw. And I saw you and those other friends of yours destroying the whole neighborhood!"

"Gods, I hate the Mist," Percy muttered.

"What was that?" Micheal said.

"Nothing."

"That's what I thought," said Michael. "Now why don't you two just tell me the truth. What were you guys doing back there, and why were you doing it?"

"You want the truth?" Leo asked. "Fine. I'll give you the truth. Let me start from the beginning. First of all, there's something you should know about us. Me and my friend here, we're demigods."

Percy stared at him, his eyes wide. "Leo... What are you doing..."

"Telling him the truth," he simply said. 

"Demigods?" the officer said.

"That's right, demigods," said Leo. "Half human, half Greek god."

"Listen kid I have no time for your stories-"

"Just listen to me!" Leo said. "I'm telling the truth! Anyways, yeah, we're demigods. One of our parents is a Greek god .And since we're demigods, we have this powerful scent that would attract monsters. All that damage you saw being caused in that neighborhood, that was the work of monsters, telkhines to exact. They smelled our scent and found us there. So anyway, as demigods, it's our job to fight off these monsters so they can leave you mortals alone. That's what we were doing. Trying to kill those monsters and send them back to this place called Tartarus so no one could get hurt. There, that's the truth."

Percy stared at Leo. Has he lost his mind?! 

It took a while for Michael to answer. Then he sighed. "Are you kidding me?! I ask you to tell me the truth and you tell me this whole made up story?! Do you seriously expect me to believe that there are these Greek gods and monsters and that all those made up stories are true?!"

Percy coughed awkwardly.

"But-" Leo started

"Shut up! I don't want to here it!" Michael snapped.

Percy glared at Leo. "Way to mess things up again Leo."

"At least I tried," Leo replied.

"Shut up Leo. Just please shut up."