Introduction

2097

It had been years since the Prometheus almost seemed to vanish. Or at least that's what they told her. Her name was Ceana Weyland, daughter to Peter Weyland and sister to Merideth Vickers. Two that never returned back from an exploration of 'faith', you could call it. She had begged them not to go, her father wanting to meet his maker, his health declining. Her sister wanted him dead. Now that didn't seem to have gone well. Weyland Corp never really addressed the issue, keeping it as a mystery. She couldn't even imagine what the bloodthirsty CEOS had told the families of the lives lost. She scoffed as she walked the long empty halls of the corporation, making her way to her lab, important papers and notes in her hands. Ceana had turned out to be a biologist, and a synthetic entrepreneur like her father had been. She had decided that route long ago, while her sister was placed in with the representatives. Merideth wasn't close to thier father,the having been the oldest and overshadowed by David. Ceana didn't mind much, not knowing her father any better, and he didn't resent her for it. Ceana spent time with the synthetic David, him taking her out to the long walks on the property, to creating something for the first time. He had stayed the same as she grew into an adult, until his duty of watching over the young ones had finished. He had tried to do the same for Merideth but she wasn't keen on the idea. Ceana was probably the better egg, in her fathers opinion. But she loved her sister dearly, them both had battled the same battle of loneliness.

That's when they were kids, and now the halls seemed emptier than usual, without her sister and her father. Even David was slightly missed. But she had later found out he was defective, hearing reports about making the people uncomfortable. He was a rushed project, they said, pinning it on the droid for not helping the humans get back. She didn't know about that, because David had been around before she was born. He was probably the first thing she saw, before her own father.  She pushed open the door, walking into her lab briskly, placing her things down quickly. "Do you need assistance Miss Weyland?" A deeper monotone voice called out from the corner of room. Her hand flew to her chest as she turned to face Walter one. He wasn't released yet, not yet being perfect. She hoped to have him out to the public by the 2100's. He was made in David's likeness, not wanting to move away from the look. She helped develop and create him, taking more time for development. Her goal was to make him better than the old model. He had the brown hair and blue eyes, with very calm human like features. She puffed out her cheeks, frowning at the synthetic. "Don't do that Walter. Nearly gave me a heart attack..." She hissed, propping herself in a chair. "I'm alright Walter. I'm just here to read a few things and organize. You can go...wander." Ceana said, waving her hand off. But of course he didn't. Along with upgrading the David 8 model into Walter One, she had to take away the ability for any overstimulation. So he didn't want to do anything. He was made to protect and serve. A sad life for something that believed it was alive.

She blocked him out, as her hands found their way to the papers once more. Ceana right now was doing research for another exploration mission that would happily happen some time in the future. A mission to a new life, a new beginning for human kind. They were to migrate from earth to another habitable planet. She had people already working on the project, as they searched for the answers in the stars. Space was one thing she kept away from normally, keeping to her sciences on earth. But she always wanted to venture to space... to the stars. To where they were.