Third

Picture of Cole above

My brother, Dominic, whom I usually call Dom, is the one who owns the house I stay at. He and his wife let me stay with them until I can live on my own, because of my dad dying, and my mom going to prison for life, charged with homicide. The murder of my father, and the abuse and attempted murder on me. Dom didn't know about that at the time. I told him after she was locked up, and I went to live with him. I transferred schools, and because of my weight, I got bullied by those four guys you already know about. I was lucky Dom, and his wife Janelle was there for me. I was lucky to even be here.

I sat down on the couch and heard the door creak open. I jumped up at the sound and grabbed the nearest weapon, the remote. Well, that's menacing. Good job, Juno. I hid behind the wall and looked to see who it was. There stood Dom, opening the door for Janelle, with a smile on his face. They had just gotten back from France on their vacation. Just a few years after their honeymoon there.

"Dom! Janelle!" I jumped onto Dom, hugging him tighter than I ever have before, "you're back."

"Hey, Juno! I knew you'd be happy to see me, " He turned to Janelle with a smirk, "I told you she'd be happy to see me." I got down from Dom's embrace and hugged Janelle.

"I love what you've done with your hair, girl!" Janelle said, "Don't you like her hair, Dom?"

He cocked his head to the side, "I mean, you look a little bit less like road kill, so sure."

Janelle smacked his chest, "Dominic!" Her glare sent him laughing.

"Okay okay, a lot less like someone just ran her over." He joked, Janelle spun around and smiled at him.

"Was that so hard?" She inquired.

Putting his hands on his hips, Dom said, "Yes." Dom picked Janelle up and threw her on the couch and started to tickle her. I smiled, they're so happy.

"Dom, I'm gonna go over to Bray's so you and Elle can do whatever I know you really want to do." I smiled and Dom winked at me.

I walked over to Bray's house and saw her talking to someone. Someone who looked vaguely familiar. He turned around and I immediately knew who he was. The personal trainer, Cole.

"Juno! You're here, this is Cole." Cole put his hand out for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you Juno, Colvin Stone." His smile was so beautiful.

"Nice to meet you too Colvin, Juno Porter," I said.

"Please, call me Cole." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Alright, Cole, should we get started?" I asked.

"Absolutely."

We walked over to Bray's living room and he sat across from us on the love seat, as Bray and I sat down on the couch. He pulled out two packets and handed them to us, along with a pencil. On the top, it read, "Workout Plan". I printed my name and checked off everything I wanted to work on, and on the page where it said, "other", I wrote, I'm pregnant so I think it'd be best if I did workouts safe for that. On the next page, I put my height and weight and such. I'm 5'5", and I weigh 185 pounds, and my goal is to be around 120. I handed my paper back to him, and he read through it. I saw his eyes widen suddenly and I knew why.

"Don't tell Bray." I mouthed, "She doesn't know."

He gave me a thumbs up. Bray handed him her packet, and he flipped through the pages.

Bray turned to me, "By the way, he's going to be staying with me for the summer."

I raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"Oh, since he's a personal trainer and a chef, whenever he's hired he stays at that person's house for the duration of that time," Bray replied nonchalantly.

"Ohhhh, okay I get it," I stood up and walked over to the fridge grabbing a glass of water, "So, are we gonna start tomorrow or what?"

"We will start tomorrow," Cole said.

"Okay, we might as well get to know each other," I stated, walking back over to the couch.

"Twenty questions?" Bray suggested.

"Okay." Cole smiled.

"First question, what is your favorite color?" I asked.

"Green, dark green," Cole said.

"Orange." Bray smiled.

"I'd say a light, sea blue, the color of the waves by the shore." I took a sip of my water.

"Favorite Animal?" Cole said as he leaned back in the chair.

"Sea Lion," Bray said.

"Snow Leopard," I said.

"Wolf," Cole said. We continued this for hours, going from personal questions to dares, to silence, and back again. I headed back to my house and left Bray with Cole. As I was walking back to my house, I saw someone. It was Quinn talking to Logan and Jack. They stopped talking for a second and looked over to where I was standing. I started to walk faster but they had already recognized me. They sprinted over and I saw Quinn with a knife in his hand. The glint of the silver metal sent a chill through my spine.

"Juno, you weren't planning on going home without saying hi to us. Were you?" Quinn grazed my cheek with the cool blade.

"I'm sorry, how rude of me. I should've thought about the consequences of my actions." Sarcasm dripped from my lips. One thing I should be taken into account is they do not like sarcasm. Jack threw the first punch sending me to the ground. I didn't try to get up. Quinn took the knife and was about to cut into my stomach when Logan stopped him.

"Don't do that." His voice halted Quinn from moving.

"And why not?" Quinn didn't appreciate being bossed around. No matter who it came from.

"She's pregnant," Logan smiled. His snake-like features combined with dead, black eyes, makes my stomach churn.

It hurt to open my mouth to speak but I did so anyway, "How did you know?"

"I'm sure it would be fun to see your reaction if I told you, but I also don't want to give you any sort of satisfaction," he turned to Quinn and Jack, "I want her to have that baby, and then her life will get all the more fun. Well maybe not hers, but ours definitely will."

Quinn turned me over and slid the blade down my bag leaving a long deep cut down my back. I gritted my teeth and groaned. I grasped the grass on the ground and a tear fell down my cheek. Jack took the knife from Quinn and sliced a horizontal line, making a cross on my back. I could feel the blood trickle down my back. I cried out. Logan laughed.

"My turn." Logan did not grab the knife. He took his fingers and dug them into the cuts on my back. My screams pierced the air. The pain shot through me. Rocks or thorns or needles, any kind of ungodly torture that could be delivered to me. I felt that now. My vision became blurry and I blacked out. I don't know what they did next, and I don't think I'll ever know. The next day I woke up and found myself in a hospital.