𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 | 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

fivefeelings and visions

five
feelings and visions

_______________________

"I-- It's not f-f-fair...!" A small wail escaped from Catalpapaw's mouth.

Freezing rain pattered softly at the hillsides, the sky grayed out by clouds. Cottonpaw sat across from Acaciapaw and her brother, who were snuggly tucked in the apprentice den to escape the late leaf-bare drizzle. It had been a rough morning, the starry tom recalled.

"Acaciapaw, Catalpapaw. Come here, I have to tell you something important." Cottonpaw perked up with interest as the sibling's father, Camphorwind, pulled them aside. The tom always had an unreadable expression, but today it was particularly indiscernible. Storm clouds rolled in as they made their way to the side of camp where no-one else was. The moment he had his two kits alone, Cottonpaw hanging by Acaciapaw's side, Camphorwind spoke. "Your mother and I are no longer mates, I do not love her anymore. I'm with another cat now. I just wanted to let you know." Cottonpaw's mouth dried and his eyes widened in shock. Catalpapaw was stunned, but Acaciapaw narrowed her eyes. Cottonpaw felt a spark of anger coming from the cat he was connect to. Their father turned to leave without another word, sending another current of spitting hurt and anger through Acaciapaw and, subsequently, Cottonpaw.

"So that's it? You're done with us? Onto another family?" She growled lowly. He swung his broad head to look back at his daughter. The starry tom sunk back uncomfortably; the anger of Acaciapaw's that he could feel was merely background noise to the nervousness he himself conjured in himself.

"You'll always be my children--"

"No. That's an excuse," she paused before continuing, "if you don't want us, then I don't want you. Don't... talk to me. Or Catalpapaw. You're a rabbit-hearted traitor, Camphorwind," her eyes were icy and full of hurt. Cottonkit lowered his head and followed her as she turned, leaving. "C'mon, Catalpapaw."

Catalpapaw whimpered softy as his sister sat next to him. She hadn't said a word since they had hidden away in the tall grasses and gorse bushes of the apprentice den. Cottonpaw could feel the overwhelming hurt roll off of the siblings, his own heart aching. I couldn't imagine how my mom would feel if Blizzardstream just left her. Aldermist is always so sad because of me, and Blizzardstream is always there to help her. He felt a pit in his stomach. He had only watched his mother from a distance; he felt so guilty. It's... my fault she's sad.

"It's not f-fair to mom. She does so much for us, and he-he does this?" His sapphire eyes looked out to where Camphorwind was sitting in the hailing rain. He stood as a cat approached, and Acaciapaw let out a hiss as he warmly welcomed the sleek white she-cat they knew to be Hemlockwish.

"He traded out mom for her?" Acaciapaw hissed, standing and pacing. Cottonpaw swallowed, soft yellow-green eyes following the she-cat. She stopped sharply, eyes glaring daggers into the cat she once called 'father.'