A Mighty Queen

ARYA

The thousand feet of the men that marched and the thunderous sound of dragons echoed in her ears "Fire and Blood" they chanted and the ground below trembled. Shining in the middle of them came their mighty Queen. People shoved past, flailing as they ran away, but Arya simply stared, her mouth agape with awe. They only saw death and destruction but she saw so much more. She watched as the Targaryen rode past her smirking as her dragons roared once more, exuding shear power and authority. She looked at the snowy white coat she wore, soft and pure and cold but what she saw was the blood red colour beneath proud and strong and bold.

She could see her brother now, the brother she had left behind all those years ago finally within her grasp. But his eyes were dark and his expression solemn and he seemed so small. He meant everything to her yet to now he looked nothing compared to the woman beside him.

Her eyes slowly tracked up to the sky where she could see the dragons circling, weaving in and out of each other, thier silhouettes dancing against the crisp, blue of the winter sky. For years she had dreamed of dragons and the great Targaryen warriors of old yet now they'd come to her she couldn't help but let out a gasp of excitement as she ducked back out of the crowds and made her way back to Winterfell.

Arya watched from afar as the procession made their way slowly into Winterfell. She watched as Sansa greeted the Dragon Queen. She knew her sister felt threatened, holding herself as tall as she could. She saw Jon look around once and knew he was looking for her but she remained hidden, watching from the shadows. How cold her sister was, how distant and grey, though she knew Sansa was being cautious to protect the family. Her sister had had differing thoughts to her own about a young Targaryen Queen coming north. From her hiding place, Arya could not hear what words were spoken but could tell from their faces the words that were unspoken.

Arya watched the conversation finish and the Dragon Queen turn away. She knew she had to speak to her, to meet her, at least be noticed by her. But as the crowd dispersed she felt lost and stupid, even she couldn't get near her alone, try as she might. She didn't quite know why she wanted to in the first place. She sighed, emerging from the darkness and closed her eyes. She needed to clear her head, so she went off to the training yard where she could hear the rhythmic sound of steel on steel coldly clanging against one another, immediately quieting her thoughts and easing any feeling she had.