1. Everything Has Changed

"Ed, you have to accept this opportunity. You're a newbie in the US and this duet could be the next big step." Ed Sheeran's manager, Stuart Camp, explained.

"But duets aren't really my thing." Ed shrugged. It wasn't the fact that he didn't like Taylor Swift, it was the fact that he liked singing solo and writing his own music, not singing somebody else's. "Maybe if I could co-write it, I'd take it into consideration."

"Great, I'll get with her and her people on that." Stuart said, making a mental note. "Goodbye Ed, don't do anything you'll regret." Stuart said. And with those words of wisdom, he hung up.

Ed slipped his iPhone into his back pocket and slumped onto the black leather sofa. He picked up the remote and flipped through channels. He settled on a channel with the show "Everybody Hates Chris" playing. A few moments later, his phone started ringing. Ed reached into his back pocket and pulled it out. It was a FaceTime request from Taylor.

"Hi!" The cheery blonde exclaimed the moment Ed clicked the green "accept" button.

"Hello," Ed smiled. He walked into the kitchen and set his phone on the counter, leaning against the toaster. He stood back from it a bit so that his orange hoodie was showing.

"I was thinking that maybe we could co-write if we're to do this duet." Taylor suggested.

Ed nodded. "Sounds great. Wanna meet up somewhere one day this week and get started on it?" He asked, partially eager to start.

"Sure, what about my house in Nashville on Thursday?" Taylor suggested.

"Sounds good, send me the details." Ed told her.

Taylor smiled. "Great, I'll email you the address and stuff." And with that Taylor hung up.

-------

It was Thursday morning. The air was warm and the birds chirped happily. Taylor yawned, stretching as she woke up. She rolled out of her red and blue sheets and walked into the bathroom. She undressed and slipped into the shower. She let the warm water run down her skin as she washed her hair. Once she was finished, she slipped a towel around her body and brushed her teeth.

Digging through her closet, Taylor picked out an outfit for the day; a white ruffled blouse and a black skirt with a bit of flare and a pair of black and white kitten flats to match. Classy Taylor. She skipped to her kitchen and started making some cupcakes.

An hour or two later, the cupcakes were finished and ready to go. She picked up a vanilla one and bit into it "Yum!" She whispered to herself.

Taylor set the tray of delicious cupcakes on the coffee table in her living room. She looked to her right and saw Meredith, her cat, with her head between her legs. "You're such a weird cat, you know that?" She teased, scratching behind its ear.

Moments later, there were three knocks on the large wooden door, the entrance to Taylor's house. She skipped over and opened the door and saw a boy wearing a black hoodie and dark blue denim jeans with a pair of trainers standing there with a Gallagher, a brand of guitar.

"Hi Ed!" Taylor exclaimed. She held out her arms for a hug, and Ed did the same gladly.

"Hello!" Ed chirped. He ran his hand through his red hair and followed Taylor inside her house.

Taylor opened the back door and motioned for him to follow her. "So I was thinking, since its such a beautiful day out, we could write out here." She explained. Taylor hopped onto the trampoline and started jumping, releasing the inner child inside her.

Chuckling, Ed sat hi guitar against a tree and climbed onto the trampoline, jumping up and down with Taylor. They took turns bouncing, when Taylor was up, Ed was down. When Taylor was down, Ed was up. They bounced like that for a few seconds before they started chatting.

-------

After an hour of getting to know each other, Ed and Taylor got down to business. They both sat on the 24 by 24 trampoline. Ed sitting Criss-cross apple sauce with his guitar on his lap and Taylor sutting with her legs tucked underneath her and a notebook and pen in her hand.

"What if we started off with this?" Ed began strumming his guitar, working his magic.

Taylor nodded, agreeing with the tune. She opened up her mouth to sing, "All I knew this morning when I woke, is I know something now, know something now I didn't before and all I've seen since 18 hours ago is green eyes and freckles and your smile in the back of my mind making me feel right." She sang. She took a breath. "I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now."

Ed caught on and sang with her. "I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now." They repeated that little verse together for a few times. Then Ed came up with an idea. "Cause all I know, is we said hello, and you're eyes look like home."

"All I know is a simple name, everything has changed. All I know is you held the door. You'll be mine and i'll be yours. All I know since yesterday is everything has changed" Taylor sang. She grinned, when she sang with him, she felt a connection, one that makes her smile.

"And all my walls stood tall painted blue. But i'll take them down, take them down and open up the door for you," Ed sang "and all I feel in my stomach is butterflies the beautiful kind making up for lost time, taking flight, making me feel right."

Together they sang and finished up the bridge, Ed still playing the guitar and both taking turns singing.

"All I know since yesterday," Taylor sang.

Ed joined in signing with Taylor "is everything has changed." They took a breathe and say smiling at each other. Taylor started writing down the lyrics, passing the paper to Ed every now and then to add in the musical notes.

Once they finished, Taylor looked up at him and grinned. "High five!" She exclaimed holding up her left hand. Ed chuckled and extended his and he slapped her hand, but the contact of their skin lasted a split second longer than it should have.

Taylor looked down at her feet and Ed looked off to the side to study her back yard. "I made cupcakes!" Taylor exclaimed.

Ed's face lit up. "Really?" He gasped.

Taylor giggled and grabbed Ed's wrist pulling him off the trampoline and forcing him to follow her to the living room, where the dozen cupcakes sat, tempting someone to pick them up and sink their teeth into it.