End of a Reign-One Shot

Authoress' Note: Never really thought I'd write for this fandom, but I was given a nice little challenge that I thought I'd try my hand with. Since I am more familiar with American English over British English (or I should say Midwestern English 'cause of where I live), I had to do some research to at least make this story more believable. I'll be honest: the research did kind of help shape the story a bit, though I truly wish I was a bit more knowledgeable about if I used it correctly.

I would like to warn all Brits that I might have butchered how to use the words in proper sentences and really should stick with writing in the English I'm used to writing in.

Or maybe, just maybe, I should practice more with a pair of royal princes, considering it is more my cup of tea. Oh, my muse might explode with colorful insults those two would throw at each other, and for once, I wouldn't mind writing a very interesting scenario about those two in a VERY heated discussion or argument of sorts. Not to mention the kinds of things I found during said research that I could see them using to hurl insults at one another.

Sadly, it'll have to do as another weekend one-shot I suppose. My inner muse will NOT be defeated so easily!

Anyway, Pokémon Sword and Shield sadly does not belong to me as anything else related to fanfic writing. If I owned it, I wouldn't be working an hourly job, and I might probably spend a lot more time enjoying vacations and other little luxuries. That along with playing the game more competitively so I could truly write an epic battle worthy of a reader's notice.

With that said, I am writing this from a former champion's perspective mainly because I wanted to have a lovely challenge with Leon.

End of a Reign

One-Shot

The roars of the crowd that he was used to hearing have long gone silent in the locker room just outside of the pitch. It was late at night now, and the fans had long departed, celebrating the rise of a new champion after the defeat that Leon had faced in front of the throng of fans there to see him battle yet another rival.

Not just any rival either. It was the friend of his brother's that Leon had personally sponsored this year. The one he had sponsored and had managed to defeat him and his unstoppable team.

Usually, Leon would feel as though he had lost his sense of direction when it came to traveling. Now, this word, lost, seemed to be clearly directed at how he had finally taken his first defeat from a challenger that he had clearly underestimated back when they first met.

The former champion could still feel the rush he felt from the battle hours earlier. Even now, the deafening roars of his fans cheering his name loudly from the stands were still burning in his ears. It was as though his Charizard ignited their passionate cries after he grew to tower over his head in his usual battle pose. The beastly dragon's roar always seemed to make Leon feel as though he was an unstoppable force when it came to fighting against anyone who challenges him. Whether it is Raihan or someone who wanted to attempt to dethrone him, he welcome all challengers to meet him on the pitch.

Fighting against the trainer that he had sponsored though was completely different from having to fight against his rival Raihan. His friend had always tried his best to take down Leon, but the former champion was always one step ahead of him, knowing what kind of tactics he would use, what kind of motives he would try to attempt and strip the title of champion from him. He knew of Raihan's strategies before he could even utter a single word.

The challenger he endorsed however...

How was it that Leon had no idea what kind of team he would be facing off against? The moment he saw the promise of the one he had endorsed what felt like yesterday, he knew that this time, things would be different. That there would be a new difficulty level that the challenger would have to overcome in order to take down even his Charizard after he Dynamaxed to his full power.