1

Present day

Searra's POV

Today is Sage and I's 15th Birthday. We've been through so much since we've been here. And it's not like those people gave us anything useful. That day, I was wearing one of my 'fathers' shirts to sleep. Because none of my clothes were clean. It was big on me then, but now it's a perfect fit. Except for the fact that it's basically a crop top after Sage's incident..Long story short he got into a fight with a bear. And our 'mother' threw in a pair of her SKINNY jeans and a pair of combat boots. The pants weren't always ripped...like I said..we've been through a lot.

As for Sage. Our 'parents' may have fought with him the most. But they always liked him more. They put an entire outfit in the duffle bag for him. Of course it didn't fit till now but still.

"Happy Birthday Searra!" Sage said coming to sit beside me. I didn't say anything. Just sat there and stared at the sky.

"Wow. No "happy birthday Sage! You're the best brother ever!!" Really?" He said kinda shocked. I still ignored him, but stood up and walked away. He didn't follow though. I guess he thinks I'll come back in a minute. I'm not ignoring him just to ignore him. And I'm not mute again. I just hate our birthday. It shows me how many years we've been trapped here. I don't think he really remembers it as well as I do. I haven't been to much of help. He'd say I've done a lot, but I don't think I have.
_______________

I've been walking for a good while now. I just needed to clear my head. Of everything. I wish I could experience what it's like to be in a real family.

*wolf howls*

"Sage?" I yelled out, getting scared. There was no response. I don't know what to do.

*twig snaps*

That was enough for me to run. I am a really jumpy and paranoid person. I have all the reason to be. So I ran. I heard whatever it is following me. So I ran faster. Looking back while running, I don't see a thing. But when I turned my head back around I was at an opening in the woods. I saw a bus.

"Hey! Who are you?" I heard a female voice, causing me to jump. I slowly backed away. But backed into a chest. I quickly turned around and saw Sage. Maybe he was the one following me?

"I-I'm Sage. And this is Searra." He spoke for me kinda nervous since we haven't been able to find people here before.

"We've been stuck here for exactly 8 years today. Our 'parents' abandoned us when we were 7. All because of our hair.." he added. I looked up to see this girl. She had all white hair just like me. It was a shock. She must have seen mine too once I walked out from behind Sage.

"I'm Addison. And I'm so sorry to hear that." She said, still staring at my hair. After about a minute she stopped staring.

"Here, why don't you both come with us, you can stay with my friend Zed, I'm sure he won't mind. But I must warn you...he's kind of a zo-" she started.

"ADDISON?!?! Are you okay!!" Some boy came to her squeezing her. His skin was gray and his hair was green. Sage cleared his throat.

"Oh! Right. Zed meet Sage and Searra. They've been living in these woods since they were 7...they were abandoned.." Addison started.

"You guys can totally stay with me!!I'm sure my dad won't mind, zoey shouldn't either." Zed added.

"May I ask, what are you?" Sage asked. Zed chuckled.

"I'm a zombie." He answered. I knew it! I just know myths aren't really myths, they're real things.

"I have a question too. Do you talk?" Addison asked, pointing at me. I took a second to respond. But I guess I took to long because Sage answered for me.

"She's never been one to talk much. Our 'father' always yelled at her when she spoke.." Sage said looking down. I did too. I'm surprised he's doing this well at holding a conversation. We haven't seen anyone else in years. I know I'm still shocked.

"Well it's starting to get late, and we still have a half hour drive till we get back to seabrook. Looks like they fixed the bus. Come on." Addison said, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the bus. Zed doing the same to Sage.

I wonder how this is gonna go...