9

"Wooyoung, I'm okay, relax," Eve said while Wooyoung was rummaging through the cabinets in the nurse's office.

Wooyoung turned around, "Eve, your head is bleeding and you're telling me not to worry."

"I didn't hit my head hard enough for a concussion, it's just a small cut since it's on my head there's not too much blood."

Wooyoung sighed but continued to search for something to stop the bleeding.

He quickly paused his search, though, when the door opened and in came Han, San, Yunho, and a nurse who looked at the two worriedly. She'd been told what had happened and immediately rushed with the three to make sure there was no concussion.

"Ahh, good afternoon Wooyoung, Eve, I heard what happened and I'm sorry about that. I'm just going to make sure that there is no concussion and to cover up to cut to stop the bleeding," the nurse said, quickly getting to work. While she did her job, Wooyoung learned that she'd met Eve a few times already because of things Areum had done.

"Let's hope that something can finally be done with Areum, I'm tired of seeing you come in with a wound from her. She takes things too far," Ms. Lee muttered to herself while she checked Eve.

"I'm alright, Ms. Lee, you worry too much," Eve replied trying to lighten the situation.

Ms. Lee turned to the four boys in the room, "do you four mind stepping out for a moment, I just need to ask Eve a few questions to make sure that everything is alright."

Yunho, Han, and San nodded but Wooyoung wanted to be there, he was worried and didn't want anything bad to happen. San sighed, not wanting to deal with embarrassment because he cared too much (which wasn't a bad thing necessarily), and quickly grabbing Wooyoung by the arms and dragging him out with him. Han and Yunho chuckled while they followed behind.

"He's in love," Ms. Lee sighed with a happy smile before turning back to Eve, "Eve, I care for you and I'm tired of seeing you hurt because of Areum. I also don't want your senior year to go like mine, I know you're not the social butterfly and I promise there's nothing wrong with that, but don't let being scared control you. Don't hold yourself back on things and don't talk yourself out of wanting to do something you don't normally do. Of course I'm going to tell you to be safe and smart but I want you to live your life."

Eve listened intently while Ms. Lee spoke, taking in every word she said and thinking about it. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Can you promise me that you'll try?"

"I promise."

"Thank you, and I promise you that you're not going to regret it." Eve just nodding as if signifying that she'd taken in everything and understood. Ms. Lee quickly finished up her work and affirmed that everything was alright and she shouldn't worry about anything.

Eve exited the office and looked around to see Wooyoung, San, Yunho, and Han waiting there. She smile and shook her head, "you all didn't need to wait, you've got class."

"He was too worried and we wanted to make sure he wouldn't break in," Han replied, poking Wooyoung's side teasingly.

"The principal also wanted us to explain what had happened and make sure that everything was okay," Yunho added.

Since Eve and Wooyoung had last period together, they both left to go to that class while the other three left to go to theirs. Wooyoung held Eve close to him and made sure that no one got in their way. She was confused, though, she was wondering why he was being so protective because 1) she was completely fine and 2) they weren't actually dating. No one was around so the fact that he was acting this way was a bit confusing, she didn't let it get to her though because (she wasn't going to lie) she was enjoying it.

The two reached the classroom and made their way to their seats, ironically they were seated next to each other towards the back of the class. Once they'd made it to their seats, Eve had expected Wooyoung to release her hand from his grip but he never did. In fact, the whole time he was holding her hand and he was well aware because he was playing with her fingers while the class went on.

Finally, the end of the class came and so did the end of the day. Wooyoung and Eve were walking the halls for a little, Eve had said that Felix was picking her up but he was going to be later to which Wooyoung said that he'd wait with her till Felix came.

"You know, you don't have to stay, you should go home and rest for a little," Eve said, she felt a bit bad that he was staying longer than he needed to.

"No, I would rather wait with you rather than you waiting alone, that's not safe either and as your boyfriend, I need to make sure that you're safe."

Eve just chuckled, "if you insist," she replied with a smile.

The two had made their way outside, just talking with one another and getting to know each other a little better.

Wooyoung stopped in the suddenly,  his one hand stopping her from walking and he grabbed the hand he wasn't holding they were facing one another.

"What's up?" she asked, confused as to why they suddenly stopped.

"There's a party tomorrow night at Seungmin's house," he started, looking down at his feet before his eyes reached hers, "I know you're not a party person but I was going to ask if you'd go with me... as my date."

Eve paused for a moment, thinking back to what Ms. Lee had said and seeing how excited Wooyoung seemed, "okay," she replied with a small smile.

Wooyoung's face lit up immediately, "seriously?"

"Yeah," she paused looking down for a moment before meeting his eyes once more, "I think it'll be fun to get out of the house for a little while."

Wooyoung jumped up, his hands in the air in excitement, "yes, yes yes!" Eve just watched in amusement as he fist pumped the air and celebrated, she didn't realize just how excited he was and she began to think that maybe this deal they had wasn't going to be so bad.

She was quickly taken from her thoughts when he picked her up in his arms, twirling her around happily before setting her back on her feet. "You won't regret this, I promise," he said seriously, his arms on either of hers.

"I'm sure I won't," she replied with a smile.

Okay so the direction of this is making me really happy. I don't think I've enjoyed writing something like this in a while and I'm hoping this motivation continues. Hope that anyone who's reading this is enjoying this story as much as I'm enjoying the writing process. It's been a while since I've genuinely enjoyed writing on here (the reason I haven't been so active) so I hope that this story will be liked. This style is definitely different compared to the other things I've written and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Thank you again to anyone who's reading this. Stay safe and healthy <3