Chapter 2

Finally arriving at the school reception, I dragged my feet over to the office, feeling water slosh around my soaked shoes. "Morning Ms, Jones" I called to the lady behind the desk, forcing a polite smile onto my face.

"Reason for being late?" Ms, Jones responded, not even bothering to look up from her paper.

Rolling my eyes and dropping the forced smile, "My car broke down". I fidgeted, eager to get inside the school and attempt to dry my clothes.

Looking up now, peering over the top of her small circular glasses, Ms Jones took in the sight of me before tutting loudly. "Get to class"

Letting out a sigh of relief, I gathered back up my bags and spun on my heels.

"Go and get some clothes from lost property." The voice behind the desk ordered before I could escape. "I don't want water dragged through my school"

Great. Just what I needed, to wear someone else's forgotten skanky clothes for a day.
Forcing the smile back onto my face, I turned my head to glance at the older lady once more. "Course Ms, I'll head there now".

Your school. I mocked her voice in my head, turning back around to leave. You old crone.

.....

Knocking on the classroom door, I stepped inside with an apologetic smile on my face. "Sorry I'm late" I directed towards the teacher, one I was not familiar with. They must be new this year.

The lady by the board turned around to face me. Her brown hair falling over her shoulders, a genuine smile plastered on her face. "You must be Elisa, I'm Miss Dithers" She introduced herself, gaining a nod from myself. "I'll let you of for tardiness today, but dont make a habit of it". Her voice rose slightly, as if she was attempting to be stern. But her face remained the same, telling me she was not overly serious.

Walking between the desks, to an empty seat at the back of the room, I could hear snickers coming from those around me. Mutters passing between tables whilst they stared at me. Trying my hardest to ignore them, I dug my nails into the palms of my hands and took in a deep breath. Reaching the empty seat I sat down and placed my books out on the table, looking down at my palms to see the now visible marks which my nails had left. 

"What on earth are you wearing?" A voice sounded from my left. Glancing over my shoulder I seen my one and only friend, Jordan Cumber, sat on the table next to me. He had a surprised expression on his face, looking me up and down.

Groaning, I looked down at my newest ensemble. A oversized tie dye t-shirt, covered in blue and yellow splotches, and a pair of khaki green trousers which hung past my still soaked trainers. I was pretty sure the t-shirt was for men but everything else was either tiny, slutty or both. "My clothes got soaked and I had to change into some from lost property". I gave Jordan a pitiful look whilst he was clearly trying to hold in his laughter.

"It's a good look." He stuttered over the words and unable to hold it in any longer, burst out laughing.

"Mr Cumber, is there a problem back there?" Mrs Dithers questioned with a riased voice, sending us both a raised eyebrow. The rest of the class turned their heads around to once more stare in my direction. Sniggers beginning to rise again.

"No, I'm sorry" Jordan responded, giving the teacher his famous grin. 

Once she had turned her back to the board, I glared at Jordan. Thanks to him, there was now more reason for people to talk about me. "I hate you." I mouthed across to him. Clearly not meaning it.

Placing his hand on his chest, he feigned hurt. The grin still lingering on his lips telling me he was similarly not serious. "You love me." He mouthed back, throwing in a kiss action to aggitate me further. 

Shaking my head, I turned back to the class. Before now I had not taken note of the subject I was currently attending. According to the writing on the board I was sat in none other than an english literature lesson. Yay, my fav subject. 

I couldn't help but hear my fathers voice in my head saying 'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit'. It was fair to say, english was my least liked subject out the four. 

........