i. summertime sadness

𝔦 𝔤𝔬𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔰𝔲𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢, 𝖘𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖘𝖆𝖉𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘

"COME ON" Gaten yelled at his friends, as they were walking up a mountain. It was finally summer. The bright sun was burning the four teenagers, who felt like they've been walking since forever.

"Why are we even doing this?" Millie asked, out of breath. She was wearing a plain red shirt and shorts. The brown-eyed girl had her hair up in a bun, and had black shoes on.

"You guys remember when Dustin and the others went up on that cliff on that first episode? We're doing the same thing." The curly-haired boy replied.

"So you dragged us here just because they did it in one episode of Stranger Things? You're crazier that a fan who stalked me at a funeral." Noah said. He was wearing shorts and a pink shirt Millie has basically obligated him to wear.

"Whatever. Move your asses, good fellows!" Gaten yelled at them, as the others followed him.

As they were walking, Finn "accidently" bumped into Sadie. He was wearing a green shirt, and black shorts.

"Watch it." He rolled his eyes at her, walking more next to Millie.

"Asshole." Sadie mumbled, making sure the curly-haired boy didn't hear her. Lately, Finn has been a complete jerk to the redhead, and yet, she couldn't bring herself to find out why.

It must be something she's done. Since they stopped filming Stranger Things 3, he hasn't really talked to her.

There were always just short conversations, but nothing special. Since the first day she was on set, the first person she liked the most was Finn. He was the nicest to her, whereas it was clear as crystal Millie was jealous that she wasn't the only girl on set anymore.

And truth is, since their Pull and Bear photoshoot, she had a small crush on him.

But now it's all done, isn't it?"

"So what do we do now that we're here?" Caleb asked, making the redhead snap out of her thoughts.

"We just hang around." Gaten replied, putting down a blanket. About fifteen minutes later, the six teenagers were just sitting around and talked.

Sadie was talking to Noah about some TikTok he made or something — she wasn't really paying attention. All she could think about was Finn. Finn who she liked. Finn who's one of the nicest people she ever met. Finn who's now a jerk.

She couldn't help but watch him stare at Millie. For a while, she was pretty sure he had a big crush on Millie. Before, whenever anyone talked about Mileven, he just seemed so annoyed. Now, it's like he's happy about it.

"Sadie!" Noah snapped his fingers in front of her face, making her snap out of her thoughys about Finn once again.

"What?" She replied.

"You're not paying any attention." The brunette boy told her, then turned around, looking at Finn and Millie, who were talking about something, and it seemed like Millie was going to choke from laughter.

"Finn and Millie, huh?" Noah grinned at her.
"Finally."

"Yeah. Finally." Sadie said quitely. Was it true? Could it have been that Finn and Millie would finally be togheter? In other circumstances, she would've been happy for her best friends and for Finn.

She ignored her feelings for so long, and now, when she can't do it anymore, Finn and Millie decide to date? Great, isn't it?

Hours passed by, the six teenagers talked, Sadie tried to ignore her feelings, but that was until midnight.

"I'm gonna go to sleep, okay?" Millie smiled at Finn, which made the redhead vomit inside, as he smiled back and nodded.

Caleb, Gaten and Noah were already asleep, and Millie usually goes fast asleep.

"You're still up?" Finn questioned her. She rolled her eyes.

"No, I'm sleeping." The redhead sarcastically replied. For a long time they both stayed silent.
She turned around.

"What's going on with you?" She asked him.

"What do you mean?" The curly-haired boy asked, not even bothering to look at her.

"You've been avoiding me." She simply replied to him. He finally looked at her.

"I haven't."

Liar, he told himself.

"Yes you have. And you've also been a total dick, Finn." She told him.

"I haven't!" He said almost yelling, which made the others wake up.

"Yes you have!" She yelled back. "Why?"

"It's none of your fucking bussiness." He said, without yelling this time. "I'm out."

"Finn it's almost one a.m., you can't go home alone." Caleb told him.

"Watch me." The freckled boy replied, and left.

"Finn-" Millie tried to say something, but the raven-haired boy cut her off.

"Don't. I'm out." And with that, the curly-haired boy started walking down the mountain.

"What the fuck did you say, Sadie?" Caleb asked the redhead.

"I told him he's avoiding me, and he just got mad all of the sudden." The redhead said.

"He must be on his man period." Noah said, which made Gaten slap him across the head.

"Not the time, dude." Gaten said.

"I think i'm going too." The redhead said and picked up her stuff.

"Sadie come on." Millie said. "Stay."

"Finn's a dickhead right now and I'm not in the mood for it. I'm going home." The redhead spoke and started walking down the mountain.

But if the two knew what was going to happen next, they would have never left.

————————————————————

hi um this chapter was trash

anyways idk why i wrote it bcs rn i'm supposed to be doing my homework.

hope you enjoyed tho. you'll understand sooner tho.

also read bittersweet (the madwheeler book on my main) for clear skin

there might be mistakes but i'm way too lazy to correct them

—sofi