Chapter Ten

I set my GPS to lead me to his house. It happens that his house was on the same street as my brothers. I drove in silence all the way there. It then hit me smack in the face that his dad was dead. I didn't think twice about going, I knew I had to go see him. He needed me most,and boy did he know I needed him also. I arrived at an old run down house. It was abandoned out of all the beautiful houses on this street. It looked like it used to be white, but it looked like someone set fire to it and scorched the house. I stopped in front of the house knowing I had to help him through this hard time. I knew must have been hard on him losing his dad. I opened the car door and stepped out, something didn't feel right the way the air smelt. It seemed like something bad was destined to happen soon. I walked up the rusty front door,and knocked hoping he would answer. I heard soft footsteps on the opposite side of the door. The door opened with surprise. It was Travis, his face dropped not in a good way. His eyes were outlined with red, you could tell he had been crying. A lot. "Go," His tone in voice was unusual.

"Just go!" His tone in voice got louder. What was going on, he never acted like this.

"I'm trying to help you," I said tears started to form. I got to thinking I came all this way, just for him to tell me to go.

"Well I don't need your help I don't need anyones cause no one cares, and your just going to make it worse so go back from where you came from, did you really think I wanted you to follow me! No, I didn't you should have stayed home where you were safe, just go now!" He was now screaming the last few sentences. What was going on he was never like this.

"Can I ex-" I said now in tears.

"No you cannot but you can explain to me later why we are breaking up, I forgot to tell you before I left!" He said slamming the door in my face. I was now full out sobbing. I just stood there on his front doorstep crying my eyes out. I soon walked to my car wiping my nose. I sat in my car for hours soon falling asleep in front of his house. I woke up the next morning remembering what happened the night before, and I started crying again. I couldn't help it.

I fell asleep again from depression, I was still in front of his house. I soon was awaken by a fist banging on my passenger side window. I woke up my face wet with tears. I looked over to see a man and woman standing at my window. I crank up the car, and rolled down the window.

"Our son wants you to move your car, its bothering him," Wait they were his parents. I thought his dad was dead!

"Are you Travis' parents?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" The man and woman asked. They did not look like the type to live in the house they did.

"He said his dad was sick, but you are obviously not,"

"Wait he didn't tell you the truth did he," His dad said quietly. Wait what truth? Why would someone lie about a fake death, and why would there have been flowers that said in memory of his dad. Why was he lying?