Chapter 1: Remnants

"The universe is a big place full of many possibilities and outcomes."

[Redacted]

POV: Y/N

I was successful in completing my investigation for the Clock Tower as well discover that THE Frankenstein's monster actually exists! Fran wasn't just some mindless monster that the stories made her out to be, In actuality Fran was just a poor misunderstood being who was just trying to find her place in this confusing  world of ours. Once we get back to the clock tower Fran won't have to live a life of solitude anymore, with clock tower's limitless resources Fran could finally have her ideal mate! On another note I couldn't shake off this strange  feeling that we were being watched. Whoever was watching us was close but not close enough to where I could spot them, the best course of action was to maintain our current course letting the one watching us think that we are unaware of their presence.

Fran: "You're falling behind again Y/N!"

Y/N: "Sorry Fran, I guess I still haven't fully haven't recovered jet yet, I didn't think preforming a resurrection spell would take this much out of me."

Fran: "If you're tired then shouldn't we set up camp?"

Y/N: "I'll be okay so let's keep moving."

Fran: "If you insist."

With that settled Fran and I continued our way through the forest taking in the nature around us watching as the birds soar through the sky chirping to one another, to the sounds of water passing by from a nearby lake, it was truly peaceful. But that peaceful moment was short lived when my feet gave out causing me to collapse to the ground still feeling the effects of the mana fatigue.

Y/N: "Damn, I guess I really did over do it."

Fran: "Are you okay Y/N!?"

Y/N: "Just give me a minute, I'll be fine."

Fran: "No you won't, we're setting up camp so you can rest."

Y/N: "But—"

Fran: "No ifs ands or buts you're getting some rest is that clear!?"

Y/N: "C-crystal..."

Fran: "Good

Fran: "Good."

Not wanting to get on Fran's bad side we decided to set up camp next to a lake so we could have fresh water to drink from and fish to catch. By the time we got the camp set up the sun had begun to set prompting us to gather sticks, twigs and branches in order to start a fire. With the materials gathered I casted a fire spell with little mana I had left to give us a fire.