7||AMBITION

{DABI'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{DABI'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE

I watched as she struggled, I almost enjoyed it. The idea that someone who was supposed to put me behind bars and was now dying at my hands was amusing.

I knew I was being arrogant, showing her my face and giving her a lead to who I am, but I didn't care. This knowledge would die with her anyway.

She slapped at my arms in a pathetic effort to get me to loosen my grasp. "It would make it easier for both of us if you just stopped struggling," I advised with a low chuckle. Her mouth opened and she gasped for air with no success.

My laughter grew, I was only getting more and more amused by the moment. The irony of the situation was hilarious, she was supposed to be stopping people like me, only for me to kill her.

I wasn't paying much attention, why should I? It wasn't like this bitch was going to manage to escape my grasp.

Then I felt a low, deep pain and I realized she kneed me between the legs, hard. I resisted the urge to fall to my knees and take a recovery moment and my grasp faltered, enough for her to push me off of her and regain her breath.

Her breathing was low and raspy, after a few moments of silence between us, both of us recovering, she found the strength the scream for help.

It was loud and clear, anyone near could've heard it and that's what pissed me off. This wasn't how this was supposed to go. She was supposed to die like all the other people I've murdered.

Why does she think she's special enough to get away? No, she can't, she's seen my face she knows who I am!

Panic, an emotion I hadn't felt in a while, I was always in control and I hated that I wasn't now. I can't be caught, not before I show Kurogiri what the hell I'm made of. I'll look like a fool if I go to prison now, I was too ambitious, I got lazy and impatient, I didn't even plan to kill Hinata Watanbe tonight. I just found myself walking to where I knew he would be.

I took a breath, I can still turn this around before she gets a chance to scream again. I can still kill her.

I lunged for her and she realized a moment too late, she moved but too slow and I still caught her arm. While she could she took and opportunity to scream again, she did it close to my ear, making me flinch away involuntarily. "Would you quit it!" I growled, I pulled her arm so she was in front of me before going to strangle her again. Before my hands landed on her neck I heard her take a deep breath in. In the long run it wouldn't do much, she was going to suffocate either way.

I pushed her against the wall like I did before, this time taking care to make sure she couldn't move her legs by stepping on her shoes. I didn't want a repeat of before.

She went back to slapping my arms again, an action that didn't have much affect on me but left my arms red and irritated either way.

How long as passed since she first screamed? Couldn't be more than two minutes? How far away was the nearest police station? Would this be the most important call of the night? A report of screaming? Questions flooded my mind and my irritation grew.

Not at myself but at her.

If she hadn't been a bitch and tried to call for help to begin with I wouldn't have these questions on my mind. I would be able to thoroughly take joy in taking a detective off my case.

Her eyes were going dull and I knew she was loosing consciousness, a good thing too, police sirens were in the distance.

I felt her going limp, relying more on the support of the wall and my hands than her actual legs. The sirens were closer, I just needed a little longer.

I didn't have time, I removed my hands and placed my forearm on her throat instead, if I couldn't strangle her to death I'll just have to crush her windpipe.

Her chest rose and fell slowly, but she was breathing again, gaining consciousness, I'll have to be quick.

I applied pressure quickly, pushing far into her throat, I knew I did it right when she fell completely limp.

She's dead, she can't spill my identity anymore. I made sure I had the knife on me, which I used to kill Hinata Watanbe, before fleeing the crime scene. Just in time, too.

The sirens stopped and I heard car doors slam, but I wasn't worried. I was already making my way up the fire escape and onto the roof of the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I made it back to my apartment and Shigaraki was waiting for me, "I'm guessing it was game over for that bastard?" He asked.

"See for yourself," I responded, taking off my overcoat to reveal bloody clothing. Shigaraki grinned approvingly, "That's not the only person who kicked the bucket tonight."

"Who else?" His voice was excited and raspy like usual, he rubbed his hands together eagerly. He was more of a maniac than me.

"That detective on my case," I grinned sinisterly, "She happened to see me kill Hinata Watanbe, the bitch tried to run but of course it didn't work."

"You're like the final boss in the game aren't you? The level no one can get past," Shigaraki made a video game comparison, a habit I was used to but it still irritated me.

"Yeah I guess," I gritted my teeth, if I yelled at him for every annoying habit he had I'd never shut up. Lucky for him I had more common sense than that. I was also in a good mood, after all the detectives on my case is now only a detective.

"Let's have some celebratory drinks," Shigaraki recommended, as much as I wanted the pale blue haired nuisance out of my house, I found him more bearable when I was wasted. Besides, I never said no to alcohol.

"Fine, but you're getting the cheap shit," I replied and Shigaraki scoffed.

"Let me guess, you're letting yourself drink the expensive shit?" He mocked annoyed.

I shot him a glare, "When you buy it you can drink the expensive shit you fucking idiot, besides, I earned it."

Wow tough chapter for the reader. Anyway I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far I've put a lot of effort into it!

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed!