Ch. 21

I pushed the cart, watching him stare down at the paper I gave him. "Do you think we have enough?" He fretted once more, looking to me then around in panic.
     "Look, she should have given us enough for these items. She goes shopping for me all the time, this is what's normally on the list. Plus, she looked up the prices and rounded up," I sighed, cracking a smile to him. "There's no need to worry, my mom has it covered," I quickly said after he shot me another panicked look. I poked his side, hearing him give a small squeal.
     "Hey! I'm just worried!" I nodded, pointing finger guns at him.
     "Exactly. Now, grab that can of geen beans and toss it into the unmotorized vehicle." He picked it up, then stopped as if he was processing something.
     "Wait, geen? That isn't a word," he said, placing the can in. I grabbing the handle, pretending to rev up the cart.
     "Now it is, caterpillar! Let's get movin'!" He gave a short chortle before marking off the beans and pocketing the pen and paper.
     "That's it. Let's head back to the school." I nodded, zooming with him tailing behind me. I stopped at a line, giving them my mom's phone number and listening as they scanned the food. We said nothing and Dani stood there while fiddling with his fingers and nervously glancing at the belt and the monitor. They told us the total, I slammed the money down. Boom over. They gave the change back and I placed it into my pocket. I got Dani to sit in the cart and I "rode" it to the school. I had to place my foot down to kick off a couple of times like a skateboard, then I placed them back on and leaned forward.
     We stopped at the school, taking the bags out of the cart and heading into the building. Dani looked around wearily, quickly heading to our claimed closet. "You look like you're on a spy mission," I laughed. His face flushed as he glared back at me.
     "I am just making sure you don't get diddled. Focus, Y/n. We don't need baby yous running about."
     "Hey, caterpillars are adorable little shits. And wouldn't you want more of me? We'd be hella fun." He laughed, shaking his head.
     "Just one is enough." I nodded, watching him open the door and place the bags down by the corner. I did the same, clapping my hands together as I looked at the bags.
     "Now, since we're here, ghost hunting is necessary. Otherwise, I wouldn't have stopped by your house to grab this stupid bag," I mumbled, pointing to the Eevee decorated bag.
     "Okay, listen. It is adorable. Just like your description of caterpillars. Except Eevee is better!" I crossed my arms, raising a brow.
     "Oh really? I say caterpillars are better." He laughed, rolling his eyes.
     "Oh, haha, Y/n." He fished through the bag, pulling out a small machine. "This little shit is loud, so it's better during the day then the night." I nodded, flowing him out.
     "I saw the cafeteria!" He looked back, rolling his eyes.
     "Of course you would. What next, a trip to McDonald's?" This time, I rolled my eyes as I walked up beside him.
     "Perhaps, you evil man." He chuckled, opening the double yellow doors and looking to the Principal.
     "Hello, kids." Dani gave his weeaboo bow, standing straight.
     "Sup, Prince. Hey, think any ghosties are here?" He rose a brow, glancing around.
     "I don't believe so?" I nodded, grabbing the device from Dani.
     "Well, can we check this room out? I wanna know if the ghosts of foods are real or some shit." He glanced to Dani, but the weeb only gave a nervous smile and glared to me when the Principal looked to me.
     "Sure, I'll head to check the halls then." I nodded, listening as he left. I passed the machine back, slipping the bag off my back and onto the table. I sat next to it, pulling a granola bar from the pocket.
     "Dude, your parents must think you're fat or some dumb shit. You only have granola bars and small cans of spagat."
     "Spagat." I nodded with a sigh, tossing the paper back into the bag.
     "It's a word, dammit. Okay, anyways, fire that shit up so we can get something to snack on."
     "You just had a granola bar?" He turned it on, wincing once it screeched. Once it died down, I laughed.
     "Now I want McDonald's." He nodded, smile clear on his face.
     "Of course you would." We heard the doors open, Dani jumping until he realized it was just Playtime skipping in. "Jesus christ."
     "I use the term Jesus's tits, but that's me." He glanced to me, a smirk on his face.
     "Where did that come from? You normally use Jiminy Cricket's father," he laughed. I punched his shoulder, hearing him hiss and grab it.
     "I use many terms, you dildo." He shot his face up to look at me, my smile becoming wider. "You look like a tomato!"
     "How the hell am I dildo?!" I laughed, nodding.
     "You'd stay stuck on that part, wouldn't you?" He smacked my leg, turning the machine off.
     "Nothing's here," he mumbled. "We'll check the rest of the rooms before we leave the school. I mean, we did buy that food, but I didn't think we'd pick the bag up on the way. I shrugged, slipping the bag on and following after him.
     "Hey, maybe we can just stay one more night and feast in celebration." He nodded, sticking his hand up. I poked his palm, seeing him raise a brow. "High pokes, man. Not fives." He chuckled, leading onto the next room.