Chapter 9

I woke up on the couch in my living room. I looked next to me and saw Phoenix. He was sitting on a chair with his head back and he seemed to be asleep.

"Phoenix?" I called softly, "Phoenix, wake up!"

He stirred a bit and then finally opened his eyes.

'You're awake! Thank God!' He signed.

"How long was I out?"

'About three hours and fifteen minutes. What happened anyways?'

I sat up slowly, "Ummm, uh, well, my dad's girlfriend cheated on him and he drowned his sorrows in alcohol and maybe, kinda sorta, possibly hit me and kicked me a bit." I said, saying everything after 'and maybe' really fast.

'He did?' Phoenix signed with wide eyes. I nodded, not trusting my voice.

'Do you want to stay with me?' He signed and I just nodded. I got up and walked to my bedroom, getting some clothes and stuffing them in my bag. Then I stuffed some different shoes and socks and my phone charger and ear buds. I packed my bathroom essentials and my laptop and laptop charger. After I got all the items I needed, I walked back downstairs and grabbed a banana because I was hungry.

"Ready." I told Phoenix. He nodded and I grabbed my car keys before following him out side.

*SKIPPING CAR RIDE*

We pulled up to Phoenix's house and walked inside. No one else's car was around, so we must be alone.

Great.

I walked inside with Phoenix and he told me to just leave my stuff by the door.

I did as told and walked around the house. I saw multiple pictures one the wall and one caught my eye.

It was a picture of Phoenix and he was standing next to a girl. He looked about fourteen and the girl looked around sixteen. She had long brown hair and it was slightly curled. She had brown eyes and a tall skinny figure. They were both smiling like crazy.

"Hey, Phoenix! Who's that girl in this picture?" I asked Phoenix. He was standing next to me, staring at the picture.

'Thats, my sister.' He signed. His eyes started watering.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He seemed to be holding back tears.

'She is dead. She died in a plane crash. I was supposed to be on the plane, but, she tricked me and went on it herself. It was a terrorist attack. A small one, but it was still one. I don't know how she knew, but, she did. I blame myself everyday.' He started crying and I just hugged him.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault. It was her decision to protect you. What was her name?" He pulled back before signing to me, 'Rochelle.'

"I like that name." He smiled and then hugged me. Then, he did something completely unexpected.

"Thank you."

---------------()()()()()-----------------

A/N- please don't kill me! I know it's short and I know I took forever to update! But, come on! It's worth it! Right? The picture is Rochelle, Phoenix's big sister. She is two years older.

I am most likely going to write a Calum Hood and Luke Hemmings fan fic. Don't know when, but I will.

Dats all my little unicorn lovers!