Chapter 3: A Date With You

Lucy's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes, spotting the lines of sunlight on my wall. I felt about one hundred times better today. I sighed. I then remembered what happened last night. I began to remember how Natsu carried me home...how he helped me calm down a bit...how I....how I...HOW I FELL ASLEEP ON HIS LAP!!!! I gasped and sat up quickly, spotting a head of pink hair.

My face turned red for a moment, then it melted into a smile. I thought about how cute his face was. He was fast asleep. His expression so relaxed, his breathing steady. Still blushing, I leaned back onto his shoulder and closed my eyes, smiling.

"Natsu...I love you." I mumbled as quiet as I could.

Natsu's P.O.V.

I woke up to Lucy leaning on my shoulder again. She must have got up for a minute or something. I thought. Then, at the moment that I thought about how much I loved her, she whispered something,

"Natsu...I love you." I opened my eyes in shock. She loves me? She actually loves me back? That's amazing!! I felt like doing a million happy-dances in a row but I couldn't. If she found out that I heard that...she would probably never talk to me again!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Lucy's P.O.V.

I finally woke up again and this time I actually got up. Natsu was awake too, I guess because he got up too,

"Feel better today, Lucy?"

"Mmm Hmm!" I smiled brightly at him.

"Good...Wanna go to the guild today?"

"Well...I was kinda hoping..." I poked my fingers together, blushing a bit."I was sorta hoping...we could...maybe...go out together today?" I watched as his expression changed a bit. My heart fluttered a little.

Natsu's P.O.V.

"I was sorta hoping...we could...maybe...go out together today?" I was surprised. Did she really just ask me that...or am I dreaming? My expression changed as I smiled my signature smile.

"Sure!!"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

After Lucy and I got ready, we headed outside toward the market. There was really no other place to go, I was planning to surprise her by taking her to the festival tonight. It was some special festival to celebrate who knows what. For me, it was to celebrate Lucy's birthday.

I assumed the market was going to be incredibly boring, but I was wrong. When I was with Lucy, everything was fun. We ended up finding a few keys for Lucy, but they were like one hundred thousand jewel or something so we decided to skip it. Now, it was sundown, almost time for the festival...I was deep in thought as Lucy and I walked down the streets of Magnolia,

"Hey...Natsu, you okay?" Lucy looked at my straight face, looking worried.

"Ya, why?"

"You just seemed really deep in thought." she giggled. All. after that, we arrived at her house,

"Aww we're already here." she wined, disappointed.

"Hey...Lucy..."

"Hmm?"

"We are at your house now...I have a favor to ask ya."

"Ohh kaaay. What is it?"

"Go put on a kimono."

"What? Why-"

"Just do it! It's for your final surprise!" I smirked.

"Oh....okay then..." she slowly walked into her house.