Chapter 4

I can't even comprehend on what was even happening! I just got so mad that my first love and last and my only best friend, was going to be handed to a random person that obviously doesn't deserve her.
And I can feel this melancholy feeling in my stomach, my head swirling, a bunch of things in my body reacting wildly but in a fantastic way.
I am kissing my best friend.
What am I doing? This is illegal! If I were to do this in public with people watching I could get arrested or even worse, I could get shot.
But if feels so nice, and right.
We separated and had really awkward eye contact, now I'm worried. Did she not like the kiss? Is she weirded out or disgusted? Does she hate me now?
I look up to see her face, she's almost as red as her cherry pillow on the bed. Now we are both laughing, trying to cover our mouths to be quiet but it's not working. And then we just laughed about making an accidental suicide.
"Well, I should go."
I start walking off back to my house.
"Wait, Honey!"
I stop at my tracks and I faced her outside, just a few inches away from the window.
"I just want to say before you get the wrong idea,"
"I got closer to the window since the movie was blocking her voice.
"Thank you for taking my first kiss, I'd much rather it would be taken by someone I love and care about than a stranger, even if I knew them since kindergarten."
I can see her fiddling with a ring on her finger,
She gently took it off and gave it a kiss then hands it towards me.
"Here, to remember me by."
I took it and tucked it in my pocket.
"It's a mood ring."
"Oh, thank you! I was honestly so confused as to why it was changing colours.."
I said a bit embarrassed,
"Oh and Honey,"
"Yes?"
Just then she dangled her legs out and was sitting on the hill and she now in between my arms. She went in for a kiss and once again felt warm sweet glossed up lips with mine.
"I love you too."
She climbed back in leaving me helpless and I left now, my face more red than hers.
After some minutes I was back home, I put the ring on my middle finger.
I feel so exhausted, I got a hill stack of homework that I need to hand on by Monday, and I just went through an emotional train ride.
The next day, I was woken up early on a Saturday?
What!
No, I am not happy about this, I can't even sleep in!
It was my Mother, she woke me up and said at six in the morning. And dragged me to the kitchen.
"Honey, you are at age of getting your woman's day and moving out of this house.
I need you to pay attention, and listen carefully to what I am saying."
I was still half a sleep and she would snap her fingers in my half or clap really loudly if she caught me dozing off.
"As a mother of a daughter, I need to teach you how to clean and cook, don't ask me why it's the law believe me I do t want to do it either."
"Will we even have free time of our own?"
I asked.
"Yes, of course! We are not our husband's twenty-four hour slaves."
She laughs.
"In our free time we can watch the television, go for a walk, do some art all kinds of things."
I just nodded my head, not caring about the whole lesson.
"Okay so your father is going to work soon, and it's very important that us wives prepare a lunch for our husbands. Now can you get the ham slices and mustards out the fridge?"
I quickly do so.
She already had the cutting board, the knife and bread out.
"Okay so your father always likes his bread toasted, but lately he's been coming home from work a little later than usual eight ones in a row, so we are going to not toast it and no cheese."
"What about Vegtab-"
"I got him a salad from the chicken place."
I just nod my head, I cringed when I was slathering the mayo into the bread. For some odd reason, I don't like the smell of mayonnaise.
It's been after about an three hours since Dad left for work, so mom was just watching TV on the sofa, great. The Marriage game show was on.
I just went to my room and started to text Linda because I was bored.
She won't answer, weird.. maybe she's just busy helping her dad at the laundry place?
I just distracted myself by doing some extra math equations that weren't for homework but weren't finished.
After a while she picked up and actually called when instead.
"Hey!"
"Hey, what's up?"
"My Dad fell asleep at the office again and I felt him a note that I am at the park, do want to join me?"
I hesitated to speak.
"Just let me ask my Mother.."
I put her on hold and slowly crept downstairs,
I turn my head just on the last step of the stair case, I found my mom past on the couch with a glass of spilt wine on the floor.
"Hey, yeah, my mother said yes."
"Great! Meet ya there!"
She hangs up, I grabbed my back pack from my room that had activities, snacks, and a water bottle that I had to fill up.
While filling my water bottle, I made a little note and put it on the fridge saying who I am, where I am going and who I'm going with.
About twenty minutes later, I'm in the park.
And found Linda.
I surprised hugged her, after all she was facing the lake and sitting on a bench.
"Guess who?"
"Ummm Spider-Man?"
She jokingly says.
"Nope, keep guessing!"
"Slender man?"
"Nah, I wish though."
"Oh.. I know Sailor Moon!!"
I jump on to the bench now sitting beside her.
"Ta-da! It's me!!!"
"Meh, I guess that's cool too."
She leans her head on my shoulder.
"Hah! I'm so offended!"
I fall to the ground and put a hand to my heart area to pretend  I fainted.
"Get up! C'mon, let's walk around!"
She says running to a path-way, I run after her.
We are now at walking pace, side by side laughing and talking.
"Missed this."
"So do I."
"Too bad it's not forever.."
"Hey don't say that, let's enjoy it while we have it!"
Linda's POV

I've always loved how Honey always saw the positive point of view.
And also finds the best ways to cheer me up.
And the kiss.. I should just forget it, we aren't going to be an item anyways and if we did, people would treat us like coal than a diamond.
I honestly don't know what I would do without her.
Like what would life be like if you haven't met your most Bestest friend.. I wonder.

"Okay so, Ricky Martin or Elvis Presley, to sing at your wedding if he wasn't dead."

"Well, let's see, Ricky Martin has a very spunky voice that makes everyone get up from their bottoms and dance the night away. But, Elvis has the rock n roll vibe, and I'm a sucker for vintage treasures.."

"I think I would go with Elvis, honestly; He seems like the best wedding singer,"

"Agreed."

Back to Honey's POV

For what seemed like minutes, was actually an hour that went by and Linda's Dad came to the park looking for her.
"Linda!"
She looks over her shoulder a top of the hill we sat on, and there he was, she gently grabs my hand and leads me up.
"Oh Honey, nice to see you again."
"Mr Alphia, nice to see you too."
"Can we give Honey a lift home?"
"Well-"
"Please!"
She used that strangest once again, had the innocent eyes and big smile while saying please in her kid-like pitch of her voice.
"Oh all right.."
"Yes! Thank you so much Dad, c'mon."
We both hopped into the backseat of the Volkswagen.
The car ride home was actually pretty silent, I guess we just felt a bit uncomfortable talking to each other in front of our parents, even when the conversation is very much clean.
Before we knew it, we were at my drive-way, I quickly hugged Linda and waved good-bye as I jogged to my doorstep letting myself inside.

And she's still asleep.
Great, so all I just did was do a few dishes and sweeper the kitchen and just hide myself in my room till Dad gets back, I guess.
I jumped on my bed and thought about the fun time that I've had with Linda and how we'll never get to have that opportunity again once she's gone, out of my reach, forever.