R

Thank you
for being a blessing and a lesson
and for coming into my life
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I wake up one day with Y/n sleeping by my side. The school year was coming to an end and Nationals was coming up soon.

Everytime Bokuto brought it up with the three of us, she started talking about all of the things she would do for us. Creating posters, cheering us on, making t-shirts. She was so excited. She was genuinely interested in it.

"I'll always be there to cheer you on,"

When I had woken up, we were both already late to school. Y/n always woke me up, so I was surprised she didn't today. She barley overslept though. I had shook her shoulder a bit to try to wake her up, but she didn't.

Then I realized something

She wasn't breathing. I checked her pulse, there was none. It was too late to call an ambulance, and I think I was too in shocked that day to call one at all. Y/n, she was gone. Just like that.

In the end, I ended up calling her parents. They rushed to my house immediately and started crying next to her. I didn't think we would end like this..

"Thank you Keiji," her mom says to me with a soft smile, tears slipping off her cheeks. "Because of you, I know she died happily."

A few days later her funeral started. I attended with Bokuto and he was more of a crying mess than me.

"That's because you cried in secret so you barley have any tears left!" Bokuto sneezed into a ripped up tissue.

"I still have tears left," I mumble. "Please don't make me use them."

Then before I knew it, Nationals was here and I was standing next to Bokuto with the rest of the team.

"I wish Y/n was here to cheer us on," Bokuto said with a bittersweet smile. "She was so excited to see us up on stage."

"Don't you remember what she said?" I asked him.

He shook his head like a lost little puppy with a confused face.

I let out a small laugh and smiled. "She's always here to cheer us on, I know for a fact that she's probably floating upon us right now."

I look around and then I see her. Maybe I'm imagining it, maybe I'm not. But you're floating on top of us with a goofy grin on your face wearing the T-shirt you made when you came to Fukurodani.

"You got this Keiji!"

Hearing her voice reminded me of the first day I saw her. I am truly grateful I got the chance to know her.

"Love you," I said giving her a smile. She sees it and waves.

Then the whistle blows, and I know another chapter is soon to end. But for some reason, I don't feel sadness or anger. I'm not gonna make any regrets as this chapter closes. I have her to thank for that.

End

Edited