Morning

The bright morning light shined through the window and directly into my eyes, causing me to wake up. Usually, the long gray curtains would keep the light from the early rising sun from sneaking in. I quietly groaned to myself as I prepared to get out of the bed to close the curtains further. I lifted my head and torso, then moved my legs so they were hanging over the bed. She reached over and grabbed my arm as she sweetly spoke, "No, come back." I hesitated to lie back down and ignore the ever-so radiant beams of sunlight or briskly get up to fix the curtains, then go back to bed. I slightly turned my head and positioned myself so that I could look at her. I gazed down at her hand that was still on my arm. I grabbed it and gently placed a kiss on the back of her hand. I admired her beauty for a while until I finally decided to spend a few more minutes in bed. I lay back down and pulled the bulky lavender cover to my shoulders. I flipped over so that I was on my side and facing her. I ran my fingers through her strawberry blonde hair and planted a kiss on her forehead. She turned to her other side and scooted closer to me so that I could spoon her. I kissed her cheek, then rested my head in the crook of her neck. She then mumbled something, but I couldn't hear."Huh?" I asked. She quietly repeated, "I wish for more mornings like this."