Envy Arc

EC 842

On the island of Joukaku, in the town of Enbizaka, Kagura Octo, a descendant of Lukana Octo, finds herself in a forced body swap with Rahab Barisol, the demon of Envy, becoming trapped in the twin blades of Levianta that she guarded from a young age. She watched Rahab bear the child Kayo, before transforming into a mermaid and abandoning the vessel on a clifftop after being sceptical of Gakuga Octo aiming to marry Kayo. The real Kagura, still in the vessel watched as Kayo and Gakuga married and had a son, until a fire in Enbizaka, triggered by a test fire of a weapon called Punishment, burned down the house, killing their son, and leaving Gakuga without his memories, leading him to lead a new life as Gakusha the monk. Kagura then proceeded to see her daughter struggle with her burned appearance and trauma, leading her to swap bodies with Ma, become a tailor and kill the Miroku family, the mother and father Mei and Kai, and their daughters Miku and Rin, out of desire for revenge, the Miroku's being involved in the Enbizaka fire. The father Kai had began the fire by setting alight a small bush that spread. Kayo learnt this through her power, the Purple Dream, one she obtained by being a descendant of the Octo clan, as well as having MAs, previously Lukana Octos body.

Kagura watches as Kayo is arrested and sentenced to death for the Miroku murders. Many failed to kill her, a result of being a Demon of Sin's child, until a young boy, Kokutan-douji comes along. He manages to kill Kayo using a transformed Grim the End.

With her daughter executed, Behemo, under the guise of a woman Bufuko took the vessel while holding the wrath key. Kagura and her vessel were eventually left behind until Ma found her. Ma learnt she was not the demon, and took her to confront the real one. The real demon in Kagura's body was absorbed back into the vessel, and the spirit of Kagura was guided to the heavenly yard by Behemo, alongside Allen who had been hiding from Sickle after Bohemo released him from imprisonment, enabling him to reincarnate as the boy Kokutan-douji as an attempt to meet up with Rilliane, who'd reincarnated as Rin Miroku.

Not long after Kayos death, Gakuga, her husband comes to Enbizaka, and sees Kayos' head on display. He wonders who she is, and what she did to deserve that fate. Kokutan-douji, soon arrives and tells him of the murders. They pray for her spirit together.