Chapter Five

"You have him in the medbay?"

"Of course, we have him in the medbay!" Iron Blade stared at his sister incredulously. "Do you Autobots think we are so barbaric as to just throw him in the brig with all the injuries I found him with?"

Ironshadow gave his son a look.

Skyshadow whirled to face him, an unreadable expression on her faceplate.

"You found him?"

"Uh, yes?"

"Come on, you two," Ironshadow said quickly. He pushed the button on the door panel and entered the medbay.

Breakdown was lying on a nearby berth and Knockout was nearby, organizing his tools.

Both looked up as they noticed the newcomer.

Knockout smiled up at the mech. "Ironshadow, what brings you- "

The medic paused as Skyshadow and Iron Blade followed the Vosian captain into his realm.

"Here."

Breakdown narrowed his optics at the Autobot but said nothing.

Ironshadow gestured with a hand to the femme behind him. "Skyshadow is searching for a comrade. I believe you have him in the back?"

Recovering from his surprise, Knockout nodded. "Yes, but he still in stasis."

"I'm aware," Skyshadow said quickly. Placing hands on her hips, she turned to the medic. "I presume that you've been taking care of him since Iron Blade brought him here. What is his condition?"

Knockout had been trying not to flinch under the assassin's cold stare, but the question immediately resumed his professional attitude.

"Sideswipe was heavily injured. He suffered a blow to the back of his helm, likely first, knocking him out. Among many other dents and stab wounds, he has a rather grievous wound on his chestplate.

"I was rather concerned about that one, since it was deep, but it didn't make it to his spark chamber.

"Despite not regaining consciousness yet, I believe he will make a full recovery."

Seeing that the medic was finished, Skyshadow nodded approvingly. "I would like to see him for myself."

"Of course," Knockout replied, gesturing for her to follow.

Iron Blade frowned, even as he also followed.

"Everyone is acting like they forget she is a huge threat," he thought.

Although, he figured that Breakdown was showing a healthy amount of concern.

Iron Blade knew his sister was often underestimated. He also knew what damage she could do.

Knockout opened the door to a small room at the back, made for patients that needed to be quarantined or kept in intensive care.

Or if there was an injured prisoner held here that the rest of the ship didn't know about.

Skyshadow brushed by the medic, entering the room silently. Once she saw the green and black frontliner laying on the medical berth, her hard expression softened.

Stepping closer to stand next to the berth, she seemed to forget the rest of the mechs were still present.

"Sideswipe," she murmured softly, reaching out to touch his helm. "What have they done to you?"

Just as Knockout had said, the frontliner was recovering from many wounds all over his frame.

Skyshadow furrowed her optic ridges as she moved her hand to hover over the large healing wound on Sideswipe's chest.