Mayan Lover, A Time Travel Novella

Mayan Lover, A Time Travel Romance

By

Wendy S. Hales

Visit with me at: www.wendyshales.com or email me at: wendys.hales@yahoo.com

Mayan Lover © 2012 Wendy S. Hales All rights reserved

ISBN: 978-1476121925

Mayan Lover available at Amazon, Barnes & noble, Smashwords and Kobo

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you're reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return and purchase your own copy. The ebook contained herein constitutes a copyrighted work and may not be reproduced, transmitted, down-loaded, or stored in or introduced into an information storage and retrieval system in any form or by any means, whether electronic or mechanical, now known or hereinafter invented, without the express written permission of the copyright owner, except in the case of brief quotation embodied in critical articles and reviews. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author. This ebook is a work of fiction. The names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the writer's imagination or have been used fictitiously and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, actual events, locales or organizations is entirely coincidental.

Cover Design by Kelli Ann Morgan, www.inspirecreativeservices.com

Editing by Alisa Carter, The Professional Editing Edge, http://theproeditingedge.com

Formatting by Bob Houston eBook formatting, http://about.me/BobHouston

Chapter One

The further his feet took him through the village, the more his stomach knotted. His path had been dictated by the position of the earth, moon, and planets at the moment of his birth. As the Journeyer, he'd prepared for this night all of his life. It didn't make the future any less inundating.

"Did you hide it well, my son?" His mother stood beautiful and proud at the entry to the sweat lodge.

"Yes, mother. I will be able to find it at the end of my Journey." Arka noted the moisture his mother quickly blinked away. It had taken Arka ten years to lovingly create the detailed skull offering from the raw amethyst-colored quartz crystal his mother had gifted to the Goddess of Moonlight.

His mother pursed her lips, though her chin had a slight quiver. "You are sure it will remain safe?"

He pulled his mother into a hug. "I must trust the gods to keep it safe now."

"Did you speak with your sister?" His mother held the embrace.

He nodded sadly with his chin resting on his mother's hair. The goodbye with his beloved little sister was still fresh in his mind; Gia had wrapped her small arms around his neck when he'd squatted down to look in her ten-year-old, tear-streaked face. "I don't want you to go, Arka," she had cried. "How come the gods can't send someone else's brother?"

"It's my destiny," he had explained for the hundredth time. "Gia, you will have many children. Tell them of me; keep me with you in your memories, as I will keep you." He kissed her cheek. "I love you, sister."

His mother sighed sadly and clung to him tightly a few more minutes, and then she pushed his chest, squared her shoulders, and dipped her head. "I bid you good Journey. You carry the weight of the gods' bidding, but also the love of your mother..." Her voice broke and trailed off.