devil's advocate.

❛  free will isn't in the handbook for being the devil's advocate  ❜

for being the devil's advocate ❜

asteraoth began as an angel of the lord who admired the four archangels

asteraoth began as an angel of the lord who admired the four archangels. he started off as any other standard angel, more specifically a guardian angel. asteraoth was given one specific human to guard until their ends are met. unfortunately, he did one thing an angel shouldn't do: fall in love with their human.

in order to keep his own life, asteraoth is met with a difficult decision by the angel council. either kill the human or be casted out of heaven as a criminal. asteraoth knew if he fell, the angels would kill his human. he had to protect his loved one, even if it means killing them.

heaven saw his decision as an angel who could be perfect for war. they promoted asteraoth to the highest rank an average angel could be, a seraphim. but, he wasn't happy. forced to live in heaven as soldiers while the humans got to live theirs.

once a rebellion formed in the hands of lucifer, asteraoth decided to join him. he became a loyal angel to lucifer, protecting him with every fiber of his being and would gladly sacrifice himself for him. when lucifer is casted down, asteraoth doesn't hesitate to join him, becoming an angel of hell along side the demons, just to stay near their superior.

when lucifer escapes from the cage, aestheraoth and lucifer began their mayhem on earth, but they're challenged by the one and only—winchester's.

aestheraoth doesn't hesitate to step in when he's needed or commanded to do something and it became evident to the winchester's. especially to dean winchester. free will isn't a choice for aestheraoth and he did whatever lucifer wanted him to do.

with some convincing and persuasion dean manages to receive asteraoth's help to bring lucifer back down to his cage. however, his actions aren't met without consequences as he's transported back to heaven to be imprisoned for treason until the end of time. that is, until metatron cast every single angel down to earth.