one. lucifer rising

chapter one: lucifer rising

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Spending thousands of years in Hell would typical strain any sane angel but Asteroath wasn't just any angel. Besides Lucifer, he was the only other angel who rebelled against Heaven's orders and Michael, to rephrase it, he was the only one willing to fully commit to rebelling. He was never supposed to develop emotions and feelings—it goes against everything he's made for.

      At least that's what he believes, but even as he paces outside of the room Lucifer's cage is kept in, the same agonizing and torturous questions of Lucifer's intentions flood his mind. They were hours, maybe days, before Lucifer would finally make his appearance on earth, it's something he's been working behind the scenes, helping and lending a hand whenever he could. After all, he is still an angel and the demons haven't exactly gotten used to his presence in Hell.

     "Of course Hell's angel is guarding the door," The familiar sound of sarcasm causes him to pause his movements. Asteroath didn't even need to turn around to find that Meg would be standing behind him.

     Asteroath couldn't help but to roll his eyes at her comment as he faces the demon. Meg eyes him up and down before her lips quirk up into a smirk, finding it entertaining to get under his skin. "Stop calling me that. Why are you even here?"

"I come bearing gifts—informational gifts," Meg states firmly with a slight shrug. Asteroath gives her a blank look, his patience running low as he doesn't have time to deal with Meg's childish antics. She begins to move closer towards Lucifer's cage but Asteroath quickly moves forward and steps in front of her. Meg looks up at him, with a quirked brow, "Seriously?"

"You should know by now, Meg, anything you want to say to him, must get through me first," Asteroath narrows his eyes at the brunette, his stance tall and confident to show who's the one who holds authority. Even if the demons don't like to consider him an authority figure in Hell, he certainly had a label smacked on to his name.

"I like it when you play the authoritative card, Asteroath," Meg smiles, once again finding another way to get under the angel's skin. She tilts her head, chewing on her bottom lip before speaking up again, "Y'know I've always had a thing for angels."

When it came to Meg's flirting, he honestly didn't mind considering it's her way of getting what she wants, but he always makes sure to set a boundary to her antics. He takes a step back and with another eye roll, his hand resting on his sword on his waist, "I'm not in the mood, Meg, just tell me the information you have."

"Don't pretend you don't like it," Meg sighs as she leans against the wall of the hallway, knowing that he wouldn't threaten her with his sword. Asteroath clears his throat, a signal so she could move on already. She stuffs her hands inside of her leather jacket, "Lilith is the last seal and Sam Winchester is going to break it. Ruby and Sam are already at the location."