8

"How have you been Geralt?" Aphrodite asked

The group was all sitting together, and they were all waiting for Geralt's response. The only person on that knew very well of this relationship between Aphrodite and Geralt was Yennefer. She had figured out this fact when they had decided to become friends.

"Fine," Geralt had responded to what Aphrodite had asked. 

Aphrodite had crossed her arms in anger. The only reason being that Geralt usually never speaks to her like that. He was acting as though they were strangers when they were anything but that. 

He's incredibly open with her, which to the other people was extremely odd. He cared about her more than anyone, and he would always tell her the truth.

"That is not the truth and you know it," Aphrodite said. 

She was not willing to take any more of what Geralt was telling her. She wanted a real answer from him. She was going to get that answer no matter what. She did not want the guy that she cared about to continuously act like a jerk. That was not him and her perspective.

"You of all people have no right to ask me that, you were the one that suddenly disappeared one night," Geralt responded with anger in his voice. 

All of the anger that he had felt was beginning to resurface and no one could stop him from being able to express what he felt. The anger that he felt was filled with years upon years of heartbreak and loneliness.

"Do you honestly believe I ran away?!" Aphrodite asked and shouted at the same time. 

Geralt was silent, he did not know what to believe. That silence was enough of an answer for Aphrodite, and she had just moved on to the people who did not know her. She also did not know them.

"I'm Aphrodite, and you are?" She had asked towards the three remaining people. 

She had pointedly ignored Geralt. He had already given his perspective of what he believed, and she was done with that. If he wanted to be oblivious to what was actually going on, Aphrodite what about that. 

It had been many years since they have seen each other, and therefore at the moment, she chose not to push him.

"I'm Jaskier,"

"Yennefer of Vengerberg,"

"Fiona,"

The three of them had responded at the same time. Aphrodite had clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth since one person had been lying to her. Geralt had known about this telltale sign of her, and his eyes had widened when she had spoken again.

"I do not take kindly to those who lie to me," Aphrodite had begun.

She had glanced specifically at Ciri, and she had added on,

"It's a pleasure to meet you princess Cirilla," she spoke and bowed in front of the girl.

With that, everyone had raised their defenses, and they were all against Aphrodite who was now surrounded by them.