Runaway Train:

While forcefully pushing the steel door open, an endless street was revealed; every nook and cranny being lit by the warm incandescence of streetlights. With the first thrust forward, I began to sprint through the wind with full force, the cold air of the night biting into my fast-pumping lungs. In the same breath, I passed beneath each streetlight, the contours of my face shadowing against the intense glare. Familiar voices pinged against my eardrums as I made a sharp turn. While feeling spiky green blades against the bare flesh of my ankles, I observed the mysterious night sky as iy blossomed with billions of stars and beaming planets.
A cold rush ascended from the bottom of my foot as it positioned it against the first step of the metal ladder. Taking a sharp breath in, gradually I rose towards the final step. As the air began to whip under pressure, a rotten stench stung the tip of my tongue; fallen over trash cans and spillages of garbage caught the nerves in my nose.
With the roof ledge now at my feet, the city became bigger, more visible.
The crescent shaped figure glowering from above, staring down to all below it. A cool-toned radiance was emitted, and sprinkled light across man-made structures, fading away in the darkness where small gaps separated each building. While the streets were mostly clear, a few dark figures, carried by their feet, glided across each stone that filled the sidewalk. As the trees; the earth's living antiques, swayed rhythmically with the strength of the wind, the leaves were like the swaying skirts of long dresses that would be seen at royal balls. Like a song, the air whistled a low-pitch harmony to the graceful ballet of the trees.
When the sky's colour faded leisurely from the dark of the night, it ignited into a flame of colours, and from there, a warm, blushing globe rose from the horizon as the crescent had been put to rest for yet another day.
As the glare of the sun slipped between the crevice of my eyes, the curtains to my sight opened themselves once again to the complicated scenery that is the city. An inconsistent silhouette of corellas danced amongst the very tops of the buildings, the numbers shortening each time when one would perch on a window ledge. When I rose to my feet, the buildings, the brightness and the overall atmosphere of the streets had changed. With every sidewalk occupied by few or more figures, it was like a circus. A circus; full of clowns, props and a potent stench of junk food, most likely popcorn.
Abruptly, the aggressive, ear-splitting screech of the breaks belonging to a train broke the silence and rose compellingly above the chatter of the pedestrians.
-
This narrative was written for a school assignment, and is up to personal interpretation on what it is about.