11 | Nice Serve

You and Yachi yawned at the same time, making your senior manager chuckled at the sight. Both you and Yachi help the others trained until around midnight.

This is the last day of the camp, and you couldn't wait to see everyone's progress. You walked past Nekoma and Haiba greeted you with joy,

"(L/n)-san! I could do a serve today!" Haiba took your hands and shook it, "I am so happy! Thank you for coping up with me last night!" You chuckled at this.

"You deserve it." You patted his shoulder, "After all, you were trying hard. Couldn't wait to see you as the ace!" You smiled at him and walked to Karasuno's team.

"Kuroo-san! Petition to make (L/n) to become our manager!"

Tsukishima gave you a look when you came,

"What?" You asked innocently. There's a time when you act like this, and there's a time when you act like a possessed girl. Tsukishima only shook his head at this.

The last match for the camp was with Fukurodani. Most powerful school versus most weakest school in the camp. At least that's what the other school said about both of team.

They didn't know what hit them on the last day of camp. Tsukishima's block was way better, and the fact Hinata just did a feint made the others felt so proud of him.

What you love from the match, everyone enjoyed the game. No pressure, no obligation, just pure from the heart.

But today, you didn't expect to see what's Kageyama's been practising hard. Your heart feels to explode when you saw the new attack that the freak duo has made.

"TOBIO-CHAN! HINATA! I LOVE YOU BOTH!" You screamed out, needed to let out the pent up feelings after days being belittled by the other school.

Kageyama looked at you and smiled while Hinata ran to you. Hugging you in the process. You really love your baby crow.

With hard work by everyone from the team, Karasuno almost won the set. But even though Fukurodani still reigned the camp, everyone enjoyed their last game.

After the set, you are shocked that you were the last one to know about the barbecue. Shimizu said that you were still in your dream when the coach told the managers.

"(L/n)! I want meat!" "Manager-san! Could I have that one?" "Whoa! You could cook!"

Everyone's deserved to enjoy this time. You always gave the barbecue to the others, didn't mind if somehow you wouldn't get any of it. Their hard work was all paid off. 

When you're done, your eyes linger to Yachi. She looked terrified, and you wonder where's Shimizu at this point.

"Hey, Yacchan!" You called out, and she immediately ran to you when she spotted your frame, "Here, I save you the barbecue." You thrust the plate with three slices of meat and some vegetables on it.

"Huwaaa! You are too precious, (Y/n)-san!" She almost cried at this, and it made you chuckled.

"Go there with the others, Yacchan. Eat, okay? You deserved it." Yachi nodded and went to the managers. You walked around to greet everyone.

When you walked past Kageyama, you could hear him coughed up. Akaashi noticed this and grabbed a glass of water to him while you patted his back gently.

"I pity you, (L/n)." Akaashi sighed when Kageyama's back to normal, "That's the third time he almost choked to death by a piece of meat."

After spending time with the other manager as well, you decided to go back to the main gymnasium. It's empty now since everyone's busy to eat and catching up with the others.

You walked to a volleyball and spun it. A smile lingered on your face.

"Hoi!" You jerked when you heard someone from the door, "What are you doing here all alone, kitten?" You shook your head, knowing for sure who's standing by the door right now.

"These past few days was just..." You turned to look at him, "Magical." The orange light from the sun was adorning your face as you smiled. His heart skipped a beat when he took a look at you.

Kuroo immediately fixed his composure and walked towards you. He stole the ball from your hands and put it on your head,

"What did you like most about the camp?" He asked while spinning the ball, resulting in a messy hair on your head.

"I like it how everyone's improved and could make up somehow." Your mind lingered to Kageyama and Hinata, "They've all found a reason to continue, and it warms my heart." He hummed to respond to your statement, "How about you, Kuroo-san?"

"Hm? Let see..." He ponders for a while, and you waited for his answer, "I like to play with my team in a summer camp one last time." His voice sounded sincere, "I like how I could found an unexpected friend too."

The black-haired captain turned you to face him. He put the ball on your hands gently and looked at your face, "And I like you." You blinked from his sudden statement, "Goodness, your mackerel was always on point."

You chuckled by his remark, his hand still linger on yours. Kuroo loved to see your smile. At first, he's interested in you by the fact that you were Oikawa Tooru's girlfriend, that turns out to be ex-girlfriend.

He called Oikawa an idiot inside his head by the fact he let go someone like you. But then, he knows nothing about what happened between the two of you.

"Thank you, Kuroo-san."

"Try to call me by my first name."

"Alright, Tetsu." His mind went blank when you called him like that, but he immediately cleared his throat and fixed his mind.

You spun the ball in your hands once again. Closing your eyes, you remember the first time you spin a volleyball.

"Do you want to serve, (Y/n)?" Kuroo's question was igniting a hidden memory. The same question had been given to you three years ago. You nodded at this and fixed your stance while Kuroo steps aside to provide you with space.

Your eyes still closed. The ball on your hands has been spun non-stop for quite a while. You took a deep breath and opened your eyes. You threw the ball with your right hand and looked up. The ball started to spin back to the ground. 

When you felt that the ball was in a good position, you jumped. Your hands stretched out and smacked the ball as hard as you can. The ball landed to the other side of the court, leaving another dark spot.

Then you smile, a broad smile plastered on your face. It feels just like the first time you served on Kitagawa Daiichi three years ago.

"Whoa! Did I really do that?!"

"You did! (Y/n)-chan you did it! I am so proud of you!"

Unbeknownst to you, the whole Karasuno's team was there when you did the serve. Bokuto, Akaashi, Haiba, and Kozume even stood there to witness such a beautiful yet powerful jump serve.

"Her movement," Kageyama stated, Hinata turned to look at the setter.

"What is it, Kageyama?"

"For a split second there..." He shook his head a little and smack his own cheek, "I feel like I saw Oikawa-san do his serve." Hinata widened his eyes at the statement, "(Y/n) serve exactly like Oikawa-san."

"No," You spun another volleyball that you just grab, "My serve is different with him now." You prepared to serve and threw the ball to the air once again. Jumped high and hit it with the same force as before.

"But," Kageyama exclaimed, "It's the same technic, the same jump! Even how you spin that ball before you throw it to the air!"

"My serve, was Oikawa's serve when he's still in the third year of junior high." You looked at your right hand and clenched it, "His serve today, was different." You turned to look at your friends, "He's getting stronger. Every. Single. Day."

Kageyama widened his eyes a little when he caught the expression on your face as you said that.

Even when he knew that the Grand King dumped you, somehow, your eyes still glistening with pride every time you talked about the brown-haired setter.