[4] - A God Of Sympathy

Jayden shivered at the sudden breeze, closing his eyes as the door slammed shut, the sound dominating the silence.

He didn't think much of it at first, but the more he raked his mind, the more he realized that there were no windows parallel to the door, that would cause such a draft.

"Mortals like you are so easy," Aqua said, a mocking chuckle escaping her lips.

"Mortals?" Jayden frowned. "What's up with that?" He laughed. A part of him found it hard to believe she was so confident speaking such words aloud, and for a second, his apprehension ceased.

As his chuckles died down, Aqua didn't speak, and before she could, the light bulbs exploded, glass bits scattering around the room, making the two of them reach out immediately to cover their faces. The floor trembled, growing tight cracks that made path to an unknown source of lighting. And the glimmers gradually created a whirlwind of sunrays that strained their eyes, forcing Jayden to take a few steps back, squinting.

This wasn't a sight he'd want to miss. Even if lingering upon it had the world spinning.

Though it happened so swiftly, and vanished as fast, it left behind more than just its trails.

A woman clad in the darkest cloak of silk, stood in between him and Aqua. Her greying hair was elegantly decorated with a silver clip the shape of the moon, and even when her skin wrinkled further because of her scowl, her aura radiated youth and dominance. More than that of Aqua's.

"I believe you are not as mindless as you act," she said, looking down at Aqua who sat unimpressed, annoyance written all across her face.

The way she presented herself with dignity glorified her overall appearance, and being so collected in front of someone like Aqua puzzled Jayden, yet stemmed admiration within him. He didn't know who the woman was, but it looked like her and Aqua knew each other more than he'd think.

"Flattering." Aqua rolled her eyes.

Disregarding her disrespectful action, the woman spoke, "What were you planning on doing, may I ask?"

"Nothing that concerns you, Igujin."

She smirked, "That makes a frail point on your part, Aqua. You, of all people, know exactly what happens to the supernatural if they dare cross humans."

Aqua side glanced Jayden, who remained as shocked as ever, and gritted her teeth. "I wasn't gonna kill him... Only harvest a small chunk of his soul. For fun, you know? I was gonna return it anyway."

"What?" Jayden was taken aback by her lack of interest. As if 'harvesting a soul', or whatever she'd confidently said, was second nature to her. "What do you mean by that, supernatural?" He turned to Igujin for answers.

"No need for panic, dear. I always stop her from carrying forward such an action," she said. "Now, if you may, come with me."

"Where to?" Aqua asked, her curiosity suddenly at its peak.

"Oh, you're coming too." Igujin gave a sly smile, her palm setting aflame a ball of light, which grew consistently within seconds, engulfing all three of them in an unbearable vortex of heat.