Chapter 6

To a scary Biology teacher who played by her own rules and is no longer with us...

oooooooooo

Here I am with the last chapter...

I added some flashbacks this time, and they're all clearly titled, so they last from the tile to the first text break... And I know I'm a lazy author for using those instead of making it clear from the text, I just didn't want it to end up confusing. There's a lot of timeline jumping in so few words.

Just a reminder from two chapters ago, Zyra and Ozai met as kids when she pushed him into a pond and kicked his ass, so that's what the first part is referring to... Enjoy :)

oooooooooo

FLASHBACK Zyra, Ozai (10)

Prince Ozai was forced to sit on a bench with her, while they waited for the headmaster. They were both soaking wet, after all that's what happened when one went for a dip in the pond, willingly or unwillingly. But what really boggled the young prince's mind was the fact that that girl was just wet, while he was completely covered with mud. He currently held the only towel the school had. It was a little thing, but he was determined to use it to wipe the mud away and get somewhat dry. And he wasn't planning on sharing.

"You know, my father will hear about this! I can't believe they'd just let anyone go to this school now! If I don't do something, they'll start bringing beggar kids off the street, maybe a pup or two... Why not?!" He was talking more to myself, since Zyra didn't look like she was listening. She was hugging her knees on the bench, her dress dripping water onto the wooden floors.

"I'll tell my father everything that happened! You'll be punished. Your whole family!" Ozai continued.

"Oh, Daddy, don't let them bring any more girls to school, they hit too hard. I'm scared." Zyra mocked, while smiling at Ozai.

"You're not even a girl, no, I've seen girls..." He patted his head, realizing there was a patch of hair missing. "You're more like a wild beast." He turned to her then for a response. She just stared at him calmly, until she suddenly jerked towards him, baring her teeth and growling. He flinched back and she laughed.

"I just don't want to catch your rabies." He relaxed.

"I already said I wasn't aware of who you are. It's not like I want to be here, my Prince." Zyra gathered up her long hair and twisted it to drain the water onto the floor faster. "I was perfectly happy back in my school where I knew everyone, but we can't always get what we want."

"Yes, why did they transfer a girl here, anyway?"

"Why are you asking me? You were the first, weren't you?"

He chose to ignore her childish comment. "I could order you to tell me, you know. What did you do? Bite someone?"

"Not yet." She let go of her feet, put them down and stretched. Ozai didn't know what he expected when they told him a girl was coming to their school, but definitely someone who looked more like a boy. Zyra...didn't. "If you must know... They don't really teach us anything there. We just recite poetry and learn proper noble conduct over and over again. But I taught myself a lot from books alone, so they determined I was gifted and sent me here to actually learn something."

"That's a lie. They wouldn't do that no matter how smart you are."

"I'm not lying, but it's not the real reason. The real reason is that it looks like my parents won't have a son."