Your Quirks and You

Three eyes adorned your face, one higher up and in-between your other two. You had cat like eyes, though you'd never seen a cat before. You left one was cyan, your right a neon yellow, the middle being a bright vivid green.

Your hair, eyebrows and eyelashes a dark maroon. Hair cut short to keep out of the way, much like all your fellow lab rats.

A cheshire grin stretched across your face with sharp teeth to match. Your tongue longer then average.

Two horns came forward and back from your forehead, the same maroon as your hair. They were smooth and shined. Though the right one was broken in half from a training accident from when you were younger.

Your wings stretched long behind your back. With a wingspan of 10'4 ft, they stood a taller then yourself when fully expanded. Your feathers a silver that transitioned into midnight blue. They could be quite a hassle due to molting and trying to walk through small spaces. Having to tuck them in next to you at an angle when a doorframe was too small.

They were stronger than the average appendage. Being able to lift up and suspend objects way beyond your usual capabilities. You could create a gust of wind with them if thrusted hard enough. However it could just as easily knock you off balance, which often made you fall or unintentionally fly into objects.

You're fairly muscular if not underweight. You do quite a bit of exercise due to your physical and quirk testing.

And then there were your quirks.

You had 4, though originally you were meant to have more. Not all experiments resulted in a quirk. Unsure of what your original quirk was, you were given more over the years. Actually it was more forced upon you, but you became accustomed to this.

Having a quirk forced into your body is extremely painful. Your body has to change and morph into a suitable host for such powers.

For example you weren't born with horns. You had to undergo several procedures before they even started to appear. The injections were awful as is. They sent a pulsating pain through your body that would only get stronger for every needle that pierced your flesh. You thought that would be the worst part. You were wrong.

Having knew bone steadily grow from your skull was agonizing. It was a slow process that caused continuous pain. As they grew they stretched an tore your skin. You forehead would bleed to the point of losing consciousness. It was a wound that was only getting bigger as your horns grew larger. it caused a continuation migraine for months. You couldn't look at a light without wincing.

When they were finally done growing and your body got used to them, the pain went away. That is until a quirk training went wrong and you flew into a wall while they were still new and fairly weak. Breaking your horn was like breaking a bone. But eventually it got better, though now your right one has somewhat jagged edges from where it was snapped in half.

Your second quirk was called Hologram. You had the ability to create objects that appeared see through, somewhat glowing. You have the ability to make them solid or keep them as light projections.

You could make these holograms move and interact with their surroundings. The more holograms you created the harder it became to control them. If you made too many you would get a migraine or even pass out from overusing your quirk. If you moved a far enough distance away from them, they would disappear.

Another quirk which wasn't too pleasant was something called Analysis.

It was somewhat like the ability to scan your surroundings. At first you could only do so to things within your direct line of sight, but through time, practice, and even more shots, it became stronger. This also gave you the ability to perceive information much faster then most.

After that there was the X-ray vision. The scientists decided that matching quirks that used similar body parts and components would have the best outcome.

They had made the mistake of combining non-compatible quirks. Which tended to overwhelm the body. Making the subject unstable. This would usually result in one of three ways.

#1. The subjects becoming monster like creatures. They slowly lost their free will and with it, their sanity. Their bodies would change and mutate into something unhuman. Some would be used for training while others simply disappeared.

If used for training, we would fight them, being allowed to use our quirks against them to either defeat them or at least survive until the specific test ended.

#2. Death. The quirks would overwhelm the users body. Sometimes causing many quirks to activate at once. Their bodies couldn't take it, organs failing, flesh and bone and muscle being shredded from the inside.

3. Termination. If a certain experiment had giving unsatisfactory results, the experiment would be ended. We didn't know what happened if an experiment ended. All we knew is that one day a certain person would disappear, never to return.

The X-ray vision was meant to coincide with Analysis. The ability to scan and see through objects seemed like a good idea. Though the addition of the third quirk caused your vision to decrease exponentially. This caused you to rely on your quirk a majority of the time if you wanted to see or read anything around you.

The addition of the last two quirks were mainly meant to make your Holograms stronger an more accurate. You could now scan and object and see it's mechanisms, allowing you to better recreate an object or thing.

Your quirks were powerful and could be quite useful, but also had their setbacks.

Your wings could grow heavy on your back, causing pain and exhaustion. Sometimes you would just drag them behind you but that definitely didn't help your back.

Your x-ray vision would tire out your eyes, even if you would try to use it out of only one or two of your eyes. They would grow irritated to the point of light sensitivity. You would have to keep them closed for some time to allow them to rest.

Analysis had it's ups and downs. You noticed things that most others don't. You could tell how things worked and reacted. Like how someone's heart accelerated when scared or nervous.

The combination of X-ray and analysis also got you in trouble a few times. Seeing and reading things that were supposedly meant to be secret. Or how the human body reacted to certain stimuli. Even when you fought these monsters that had no other intent then to harm you. You could see their bones shattering. The way blood moved all around the body just to end up leaking out. How muscles contorted and shifted as pain cascaded from one area to the next.

But the holograms were the worst. Or at least the most dangerous.

Your holograms could interact with objects if you so chose, but you could also give basic orders or instructions. You could tell these holograms to move or work a certain way. But if given unspecified instructions, they could become uncontrollable.

If they were solidified projections, they would still have a limit to their use.

At one point you had been instructed to project a human with specified quirk like abilities. This was for a combat and quirk training. You gave your projection the instructions to protect you from and immobilize the mutated creatures used for training.

This specific projections fought off many of them. As it was weakened you created a second on with the same orders. The first one broke and disappeared and the second one defeated the last of them before they could reach you. But then it continued to protect you. Even from things you did not perceive as a threat.

Like the doctors and scientists who came into the testing chamber.

And the workers who were meant to remove the creatures from the area to be replaced by new ones.

And even the other patients.

They were out of control. You were out of control. It took several armed guards and more creatures to take it down. But by then it was too late. There were many casualties, and even more injured.

You'll never forget the screams.