Power of Five

Power of Five

"Senpai!" suddenly says the sly fox.

"W-what?" came my flustered reply.

...

Okay.

Before you get any ideas on why I was flustered, let me explain myself first. We, Isshiki and I, are currently having yet another 'practice date'. How she managed to drag into this (again), I'll just let your imaginations run wild. Cool?

We're having lunch and were pretty silent because we're both busy with our respective meals (we're having lunch afterall), until Isshiki suddenly broke the silence. The keyword here is suddenly, because, who wouldn't get flustered when someone suddenly shouts your name like that right?

And that's the reason why I'm flustered. It's definitely not because of the fact that (somehow) Isshiki's face is near to mine, to the point where I could almost feel her warm breathe on my cheeks. Nope. It's definitely not that. And its 108% not because she's (somehow) sitting beside me, somewhere she wasn't at a while ago. Nope. Nuh-uh.

...

For a moment, there's silence (again) between us. It's unlike the previously recent peaceful one (the one we had when we were eating) though because this one feels a little bit heated. Of course, there's that smug look on the fox's face for which I can blame for the 'heat' I suppose. I'm not sure what it (the smug look) is for, but if it's because she's planning on doing something to me, could I please ask that whoever governs this kind of things, could you please tell Isshiki to have some semblance of mercy on her poor ol' senpai? My poor heart can only take so much. Thanks.

...

Isshiki eventually went back to her previous position which was the seat in front of me (she still has that smug look on her face, not that anyone cares).

On an unrelated note, I suddenly feel less warm and less flustered (not that that's important for you to know though either).

Isshiki then decided to break the silence by throwing a bomb.

"Did you know that SEX is expected on the third date?"

Or, that's what I think what she thinks she's doing. I get the feeling that my reaction isn't what she had in mind. If ever that's true, she didn't show it on her face though.

I decided not to verbally respond to her. Yet. I just gave her my trademark deadpan stare. The one that implicitly says 'what drugs are you on?'. Usually, it delivers the message and make people think deeply of what they have just said or done. Judging by the smile plastered on Isshiki's face however tells me that it didn't this time.

...

Ugh. Fine. I'll bite for now.

"And you're telling me this because?"

"Well, we are on our third date and you might be-"

"Aaand stop there." I've heard enough for me to know where this is going. "First, we aren't on our third date. We are on our third practice date."

"Well, then you expect practice se-"

"Second, that 'trivia' of yours is bullshit. That was just made by jerk-asses who desperately want to-"

"But Senpai, are you telling me that you aren't even interested in it?" oi oi. It's rude to interrupt when someone's talking you knowwwwww? I'll let it pass this time though just because I still have to deal with this crap of yours.

"And lastly, don't you think you should save SEX for until marriage? I mean, I get why most people nowadays consider it as a recreational activity. It feels good, yes, amazing even. But I don't think that's enough of a reason for people to decide to just do it so casually."