Chapter 39

[Naruto's POV]

It's been a week after my best friend's wedding and my mind has been restless ever since. I rarely have time to do work because there's not much task for me to do, thanks to the employees taking a long vacation somewhere I have all the time in the world to brood about Hinata.

All that hints and things she said to me was like a bullet shot to the brain and now it don't feel well enough to think of other things except her words.

How am I suppose to solve the riddle?

I never once thought that I touched her that night.

And it puzzles me and my dick why we don't remember feeling it.

I'm drugged and it's not an excuse for being an ass so here I am, thinking about past events until my mind hurts for over using it.

"Calm down, Naruto... keep your cool you piece of shit." I whispered to myself but it did no help at all.

If I dialled Sasuke's number he'll probably know something but Sakura might throw a fit for they are having their honeymoon still.

I don't really get the thought of having a honeymoon while her tummy is almost bursting out with their baby. Won't it hurt or is it even a good thing to try?

Nevermind.

I dismiss the thought of pregnant women having sex before I start to imagine things I don't want to know.

Ino will probably won't like to talk about it and I'm honestly not in the mood to bicker with her as soon as I called her.

Kiba is obviously not an option but who knows what secrets he have up his sleeves. I get the feeling that everyone knows about it except me.

Just before I made up my mind and foolishly try to get some information from Kiba, I was startled by the sound of my office door opening and I quickly put my phone down to see who barged in.

"Didn't my new secretary ask you before coming inside?" I greet rather rudely. I'm not in the mood for talks especially if it's not Hinata-related.

"Do I need to ask for your approval now Mr. Uzumaki?"

"Dad!" I instantly stood from my chair and gave my old man a hug. He rarely visit me in the office. I wonder what I did wrong this time.

I've been quiet, really...

"Why the sudden visit? Can't it wait until I get home?" I asked him and he just shrugged and sat on the couch.

"I met Kiba while having a breakfast at a cafe and we had a small chat this morning. I heard my son is quite problematic these days, I wonder what's keeping him 'busy' in his office when there's very few employees right now. You possibly can't be busy and I know that." He told me as a matter-of-fact.

I just sat beside him and sighed. Maybe this time it's better to let my father know. He have a very successful marriage and he probably have tons of advice for me in the love department.

I wanted to laugh at myself for thinking about the past and how I am open to this 'L' word now. It's a very mysterious change of heart.

"You know my problem about Hinata and probably have all intel what happened before she went missing."

"I do have intel but I never asked them about it. I thought it'd be best to leave you alone. You're not a kid anymore, afterall." My dad said and I fight the urge to raise my brow.

"Then why the heck are you here if you thought you want me to handle it?"

"Because I thought wrong?" It's not an answer. It's another question all right.