Revéuse

- I want to tell you a story. It was a cliché cold and rainy eve, and my friend was having a sleepover. Her parents were not home, but we found out that they had left my friend's big sister to watch us. We were laughing so hard to a stupid joke on of us had said, when she stepped in to the room. "Hi girls!" she said and introused her self as Bonnie. We waved our hands as a hello and told her our names. We waited her to leave us, but instead she sat down in our circle and crossed her feet. Even in the dark light i noticed her dark red hair and thousand freckles covering her face. She had an old, probably her mothers white blouse and black jeans that made her look like a ghost from the 20s. When she moved her hand i saw prettiest and weirdest thing i had ever seen. It was a jewel hanging from her skirt. A white dove carrying a book and a red rose. She noticed me staring and with a mysterious gaze, raised her left eyebrow as a answer. Before i could react to her expression Bonnie started to speak.

"I want to tell you a story." and she began, before anyone of us could say anything. "By the time of world wars in England lived a girl. She was called Wendy after her grandmother. Wendy lived in a old little house with her mom and two younger brothers. Her mom was really sick and in bad shape, because they had no money fore medicines. After her mom was so sick and the twin brothers were so young Wendy had to get their food's and other groceries.

Her mom was a dreamer. It was very usual, that when Wendy came home from school, her mom was telling a story to the twins. She had tried to believe in fairies and elves and dragons and all that, but it just didn't work. She had never seen any of those magical creatures and her only source was her mom, who was sick and a bit weird anyway.

It was a typical stupid, cold and wet day, when Wendy came home. She was angry and annoyed already, but when she saw her mother inside on a chair telling some idiotic story to the boys something just snapped inside her head. She marched inside and yelled to her small family about every single thing in their life that was wrong. How she was so young and still had to feed their whole family, how they just told each other some stories about things that really did not exist. Wendy saw her mothers face showing a bit of anger, but mostly just disappointment and sadness, when she walked out of the door and slammed it close.

Wendy ran away for a long time, but suddenly a voice of a very familiar bomb siren woke her up to the moment. She hid herself between some wooden boxes and a stone wall of a house. Wendy buried her face to her hands and cried. Even without the bombs she could never go home again. It was all true what she had said, but she could have done it a bit nicer. Only thing she thought was why. Why in the name of anything could she not just believe.

The bomb siren turned of and Wendy raised her gaze. She was just going to stand up when something weird attached her attention. Something was flying on the sky, something that didn't belong there. "A dove" Wendy whispered to herself and the white bird landed slowly just in front of her feet. She came down to her knees and looked around. Everyone else were still in the bomb shelters, so she was completely alone. The dove had something in it's beak. Wendy took it carefully of and the dove immediately flew away. The white dove left behind a book and a red rose. Wendy took the book gently. The only thing in the cover was a word Revéuse written with plain white letters, but Wendy felt the power of the word. What a weird word and definitively not English, she thought. Wendy raised her right hand and opened the book.

It was a chapter about dreaming. Because that's what Revéuse meant, it was France and the correct translation was a Dreamer. The book told Wendy many lessons about dreams, but never did it tell her how to dream. Because that, my friends is a thing we all need to learn, all by our selves." Bonnie ended the story.

We all just stared her. After a minute of silence someone opened her mouth. "What was the rose and what happened to Wendy after all that." "Well the rose was a reminder about the magical things everyone of us can see. But i must admit i added it to the story, since it is a really classic thing. And the rest of Wendy' s story, will i leave to your own imagination." Bonnie looked at us and stood up. Before reaching the door she turned back to us. "Have a fun evening girls, but keep in mind to believe and dream.