THE PUNISHMENT

I woke up and I was not ready for the day . I couldn't go over to the chapel I couldn't even prey I whispered to myself "this is going to be the worst day ever ". I went downstairs but I couldn't smell the breakfast like I could usually .the door was was wide open  I looked out of the door the door to the chapel door was open someone had disobeyed the king . I was too scarred to go in myself but I had to know who was in there I put my head round the door it was Millie and my mother if the king found out they would be in big trouble .Then I remembered it was the day when one of the courtiers was coming to check if everyone was obeying the kings orders if he saw them then we will definitely be in big trouble. I turned back around and coming up ahead was a horse and carriage it must have been one of the courtiers. it was too late to warn my mother as sister so before they exited I slammed the door shut as if no one was in there .

The person of the court came out of his carriage and walked over to Longry  hall I tried to remember if we were expecting visitors but I had no memory of any letter coming through. Unless my father hid it from me he wouldn't have done that. I ran round to the back of the hall and went in through the back. I heard my father talking to the man in the hallway. the man of the court explained "I am hear to ask all the men from Longry hall to come and work at king Henry VIII's court.