20. The Diary

3.03.20

Kody's POV

I woke up early the next morning still in the car. James was staring down at me with dark circles underneath his eyes and a miniature smile. I stared back up intensely, and I just had to ask, "Did you get any sleep at all last night?"

"No," he replied simply.

"Sweety you need to sleep!"

"I couldn't let anything happen to you over night. You're so vulnerable when you're asleep!"

"You need to take care of yourself, Jam. I'll be so much worse off if you're so tired that you can't see straight when they attack."

"I need to keep you safe!"

"We'll go to sleep now. It's my turn to watch over you."

"Actually, boys, we're a few minutes from the castle. You can sleep then," my father declared.

"Ok, papa," I answered before sitting up. Sure enough, I recognized my surroundings when I looked out of the window.

"Sir, there's a crazy woman at the gates demanding Prince Kody," a guard mentioned over the radio.

"Alright, thank you Justin," my father responded.

We turned the corner, and when I saw who it was, I shouted, "Stop the car!" gleefully.

I leapt out as soon as the car stopped and ran up to the one and only Melia. "Mels! How've you been?" I asked while hugging her.

"Awesome! How bout you?" Melia retorted while tussling my hair.

"Almost got killed... Twice... But I'm all good now!"

"Always living life on the edge, aren't yah."

"Yup!"

James suddenly wrapped an arm around my waist, and Melia's eyes lit with interest. "Well look at that, he actually did it. Thought you would never tell Kody that you were head over heels for him, princey."

James blushed slightly and looked down. "Well we're dating now," I announced before placing a tiny kiss on his lips. Suddenly, James turned to the side and threw up. I looked on with a concerned face, and when his knees collapsed I held him up.

He leaned heavily against me, but his body sagged in my arms. "And this is why we sleep," I suggested with an 'I told you so' tone in my voice.

"It isn't that, I don't know what's wrong with me!" he defended lowly.

"I've only seen this once before, but it's very, very unlikely."

"What is it, Mels!" I begged loudly. It was hurting me to see James in so much pain.

"The last time I saw anything like this... My mother was pregnant," Melia murmured.

My face went slack with disbelief, and my only response was, "that's impossible, we're both guys!"

I looked between Melia and James with a face that read along the lines of 'are you stupid?'. James's body was shaking a lot, and it was making my heart rate go up more than it should. "I-I'm fine, babe," he murmured quietly even though he was relying completely on me for support. My mom had told me that I had limited healing powers, yet I didn't want to use them and potentially hurt him.

"Hey, is he okay?" my father shouted while jogging over to us.

"I don't know, papa. He just started being sick all of the sudden!" I cried. It was blatantly obvious that I was scared and nervous from the way that I held him tightly against my chest. James had leaned against me with a small frown on his lips. He looked like he was about to be ill again, and if he was, I would stay by his side until it passed.

"I suggested that I've seen his symptoms before in pregnant women, but Kody looked at me," I shot Melia a dirty look for her insanity, "well like he is now."

"It actually isn't that crazy. If you think about it, the moon will force it's pairing to have an heir no matter what nature says. The moon needs it's power to be transferred to the next in line blood wise or the power will be lost. Therefore, the moon is likely to ignore normal natural things to get its way because it needs to continue its bloodline. Yeah... Probably should have warned you about that before you did the child making thing," my father explained.

"So you're telling me that I, a man, just got my boyfriend pregnant?" I asked. They have to be messing me. Of course, if I had a child with James, I would love it so much, but this is just plain unexpected.

"I know it sounds insane, but yeah, I think you did."

My eyes widened slightly, and I made direct eye contact with James. His baby blue eyes were shining with the notion that he had a child inside of him. "Babe," he murmured quietly against my shoulder. I picked him up and carried him into the castle before he could say anything else. As much as I love my father and Mel, they don't need to be in this conversation.

I got to the bedroom and set him down on the blood red comforter. James's smile was brighter than I had ever seen it before, and that was saying something because I had seen his teeth plenty of times. "I'm guessing that you like this news?"

He nodded his head, and suddenly I was reminded of a kid on Christmas who just got the best gift. "I was worried that we would never have any kids! Even if we did, they wouldn't have been completely ours! But now... I've always wanted kids. I've always wanted to fix what my parents started in my generation."

"James... I don't want to ruin the mood, but what exactly did your parents do to you?"

"Kodes... Are you sure that you want to hear this story?"

"How can it be worse than my mom leaving me on a street corner in a notoriously dangerous city?"

He sighed before pulling out the little book that I had seen him take from his home what feels like years ago. He opened it, and I realized that it was a little diary dating back almost 7 years.

"Read it. Everything about me will make sense. It starts when I was eleven."

January 13th, 2213

My parents won't stop fighting with me around. It hurts because whenever mom gets fed up she takes it out on me. Dad used to be so kind, but now he's just cold to me. I don't know what I'm going to do.

***

July 18th, 2213

My father hit my mom for the first time today. They have to stay together so that the kingdom doesn't ask questions, but dad doesn't like that. He's getting much more violent with Mom, and I worried that he'll come for me.

***

February 15th, 2214

The man that I though would protect me forever just casually hit me today. I sometimes wish that I didn't have to live this life. Their yelling at night is getting louder. I miss my old parents.

***

August 17th, 2215

I haven't slept all night for almost three months. I can't stop the feelings that if I close my eyes, my parents will kill each other. They're getting more strict about my appearances too. I have to be just right or I can't leave my room, and I can't leave the castle period.

***

September 19th, 2219

I can't stop crying. My mom and my dad are so cold towards each other that it might as well be a freezing war at our meals. I want my old family back!

***

October 20th, 2220

I wish that I could just tell my parents that I don't want a female pairing, but I'm scared that dad will hurt me again... I just want this all to be over.

There's more entries than what I have written, I just highlighted the important ones. Feel free to ask any questions you have in the comments.