Part Four

Marinette watched Chat Noir charge into battle, the black of his mask and ears clashing spectacularly with the cream of the very princely-ensemble he now sported.
He was wrong; if Marinette couldn't find a way off this roof, Ladybug wouldn't be arriving to this battle at all. Marinette sized up the bramble bush in front of her. She needed something to clear it so she could get off the roof and transform.
Her attention turned back to the battle as she heard her partner grunt in pain. The dragon had slapped him from the air with its claws and was now advancing on his prone form, all while Fairy Godmother watched in delight.
Marinette quickly surveyed her surroundings for anything she could use to help. She spotted the very shiny crown that had fallen from Chat's head. She sprinted to where it lay and scooped it up before carefully angling it so that it would reflect the sun directly into one of the dragon's eyes.
The beast was momentarily distracted from rearing down on Chat Noir. It swiveled its attention to Marinette and began to charge towards her.
Marinette hiked up her full skirt and sprinted towards the barricaded doorway.
She heard Chat scream something, but couldn't make it out beneath the pounding of blood in her ears. She heard the dragon growl behind her and peeked to see it rising up to its full height. Its chest began to glow with a deep orange fire as it prepared its attack.
At the last moment, Marinette flung herself sideways and wrapped her arms over her head to protect against the heat. Flames poured from the dragon's mouth and burned the bramble bush to cinders.
Marinette once again jumped to her feet and darted through the lowly flickering flames. She pushed against the door, feeling the heat beneath her gloves and flew down the stairs, Fairy Godmother screamed in dismay as her princess escaped and the dragon growled in frustration.
Marinette ducked around the corner of the stairwell and caught her breath.
Tikki appeared, hovering in front of her face.
"Are you alright, Marinette?" the kwami asked.
"I'm fine," Marinette gasped, feeling sweat pool at her back, probably ruining the beautiful gown she wore. The stupid dress was heavy and hard to run in. Marinette was eager to get into her super suit.
A loud thud sounded from above and Marinette cringed. Chat needed her fast.
"Tikki, spots on!"

——

Ladybug watched as the white butterfly fluttered away into the sky.
She turned her attention back to Manon and Alya, who were both sitting up and looking around in confusion.
"You're safe now," Ladybug said extending the fairytale book to her babysitting charge.
"Where's Marinette?" the little girl asked.
"She's safe," Ladybug said quickly. "The cure probably placed her back in her room."
Ladybug scooped Manon into her arms and readied her yoyo.
"I'll take the little fairy home," she directed toward her partner. "Can you make sure Alya gets back safe?"
"Of course, m'lady," Chat returned, walking over to the aspiring reporter. "You'll check on Marinette?"
"I will," Ladybug said before vaulting off the roof back to the bakery. She dropped Manon off through the living room window before quickly swinging herself up to her terrace. She detransformed as she slid down the railing of her loft bed.
"Marinette! the young girl cried as she burst into the room.
"Manon!" Marinette cried. "I'm so glad you're safe."