chapter 12

Dedicated to @WordWanderention a user

Chris pulled the car at the furthest parking lot and walked out to his son's class room. It's been a month since he transfered the boy to the new school and he liked the school so far. It's wasn't like the previous one that Prince was in. This was way much better in every aspect.

They valued studies as much as they valued academics and he was sure that his son will come out as a winner in bother academy studies and talent. Yes, he had a talent like his father. Prince could sing and Chris helped him when he got free time most on Saturday's and Sunday. While the school helped him through out the week.

Chris took a right turn and headed to music classes. Today was on Friday and that was his son's last lesson for the day. Once he got there, the class was just getting finished and he allowed his son to collect his belongings as he talked to the music teacher. According to the teacher, the kid was doing amazing and his playing of piano was even much better for the kid his age.

Chris smiled and thought of how much Maya would have been proud if she heard this. She loved to play piano especially when she had an operation the next day and it was as risk as it came. And as he smiled, he remembered the first time he found her playing it. She was crying but back then he didn't care about her feels. He didn't give a damn about how her day was and why she was crying.

All he saw was her playing her chess game wisely. Her making his mom not talk with him because of what he had done on his honeymoon. He saw her make Wesley for the first time get mad at him because he didn't value her and that time his blood was boiling inside him. He hated himself for falling as her prey. He hated himself for kissing her that day. And he hated her for making his life so much miserable. That what he craved for was revenge. To see her suffer.

And did he succed? Of course he did. And he enjoyed every bit of it back then. He loved every moment he saw her tears and thinking back then, he was a psycho. Chris remembered of how he had pushed her off his piano and how she landed on the ground. She still did nothing. She didn't react even when he called her names. Instead, she stayed quiet and let him do whatever he wished to do.

Now that he was thinking about the past, he wished that Maya fought back. Just like he told his best friend a moment ago. He wished that Maya was like Kyle. He wished that she didn't hold back her hurt. Her frustration. Her pain. She should have let it all out. She should have fought for herself. For the respect that she deserved as a grown woman. She should and maybe today they would have been together. Right?

He shouldn't be leaving with a possibility of her being alive. He shouldn't be paying a PI to assure him that he wasn't seeing her in other women. Prince shouldn't be missing his mother's presents at all. If only she fought him. If only she fought her father. And if only she fought for them. Then they would be happy as husband and wife.

Chris was pulled back from his thoughts by the teacher telling him that Prince had hard time playing the guitar. Maybe that's what he should try and teach him this weekend. He assured the teacher that he would teach his son how to play and left when Prince came back with his belongs. The walked out of the school building and Prince went on to tell him how his day was.

Before Chris could get in the car after closing the back door for his son, he saw a familiar face in a distance. She had the two kids by her side and they were talking about something and she lead them maybe to there car. Chris got in the car and started it. He had to follow them and make sure that he wasn't seeing things as his friend said to him.

The car before him began to drive out of the school compound and he did the same too. He followed it closely not allowing any vehicle to get in between them. Today he was getting answers to his may unanswered questions. That's why he didn't even hear what Prince went on about in the car. That's why he took out his phone and phone and took a photo of the plane number of the car just in case fate chose to play it's twisted mind game on them as always.