1.3

(Libby's POV)

I can't sleep, I may be drunk but I'm still aware of what just happened and I can't unsee it. My bestfriend kissed my brother. Would they have done it if I wasn't there? I feel like I need some fresh air or go somewhere to think. And I know exactly where to go. I put on just my shoes and grab my phone and start to walk down to the pier. It's about a minute walk from the hotel so I get there quickly.

(...)

I get there and take my shoes off and sit down in the same spot I was at last night. My feet are hanging off into the water and I'm letting the wind blow against my skin. I should of brought a jumper. It's 3AM I think now, and now that I'm here I realise I'm so stupid. I got drunk tonight and now my head hurts and now I'm here at 3AM where I could get kidnapped. But somehow, in this spot. I feel completely safe. I feel especially safe when I hear that familiar voice from behind me. Quinton. I don't know what it is about him but, he makes me feel some type of way. I don't like him do I? I think i might. And just as I'm thinking of him I hear footsteps and I know it's him. I turn around and smile at the relief that it is him.

Quinton
Hey

Libby
Stalking me?

He laughs at that

Quinton
This is my place remember? I live here.

He comes and sits down next to me.

Quinton
What are you doing her anyway?

Libby
I needed some air

I look down at my lap

Quinton
Are you drunk?

I put my face in my palms and groan

Libby
A little

Quinton
How drunk?

I takes me a minute to remember I hit my forehead with my hand

Libby
Six drinks drunk.

Quinton sighs and gets up.

Libby
Where are you going?

Quinton
I'll be back, stay here

Libby
Ok

He runs off and I lay down on the pier until he gets back

(...)

A minute later Quinton comes back with some pickles, eggs and ... tomato juice?

Libby
There's no way I'm having that.

Quinton
Come on you need it.

He sits back down and starts off with some eggs.

Quinton
So do you usually drink?

I shake my head no

Quinton
Then why'd you drink tonight? I mean you're only 16 and there's nothing good about drinking.

I finish chewing half a boiled egg then once I'm done I talk.

Libby
Well, my friends made me take the first one and then some guy handed me one and I didn't know what to do so I drank it and then I got quite dizzy and just kept drinking.

Quinton
Is that why you needed to get some fresh air?

I think back to the hotel room, and I don't want to even talk about it.

Libby
Do you believe in love?

He looks at me confused

Libby
I mean, I know you write about love and you've never been in love but do you believe in it?