"Nice to meet ya', I'm the Devil."

"Have you spoken with Richard?" she asked.

I turned around to look at her as I felt my eyebrows coming together in an expression of annoyance. "Do I look as I have?" I replied.

She rolled her eyes. "Abstinence. Am I right?" she said as she continued to type something in the computer.

Maddison Bowen, she's one of those types of friends who are hard to find. We've been living together for two years now. We met in university and we've been inseparable since then. Now we both got a job at New's Corporation and we couldn't lose it.

We have to finish some paperwork for Richard and we still haven't finished. I believe I'm smoking my fifth cigarette. The nicotine helps me to calm down a bit.

"Could you please bring your fine ass over here and help me with this?" she groaned.

I looked at her again and I threw my cigarette into a bucket filled with water that we had in the balcony. I stood up and I sat in a chair next to her, staring at the computer screen, analyzing everything.

"The final customer's data is wrong," I said.

She sighed, frustrated. "Can you fix it? I'm so done with this," she said as she stood up and walked to the balcony to take a sit right where I was a few seconds ago.

I analyzed the numbers once again and started working it out mentally.

Why do I have to go through all of this? I'm a successful woman at a young age who has everything to have a big name in this life. How is a man who is not able to do any of this running a company? Why should I do it for him?

I reached my limit. I'm stressed. It's been almost twenty four weeks without sex. Basic and really necessary to life. It's capable of killing the most intense headaches. And I don't have it.

"Finished," I announced.

Maddison came back and sat next to me, analyzing everything on the screen.

"Thanks God, Chloe."

Chloe. Chloe Bonnett. I'm an independent, sociable, a bit stubborn, cheeky, and quite a sensual twenty four year old woman. And not to be egotistical or something, but I'm also a woman who deserves better. Better than this. Better than New's Company. Better than Richard.

And in that moment, something crossed my mind. I could do something for myself, something to change my actual situation. I could sell my soul to the devil in order to have all I ever dreamed of. Even though I don't exactly know what I would ask for my soul, it sounds inviting. A bit stupid and impossible, but inviting.

"Maddie?" I called.

"What?" she asked from the kitchen, she was making herself a sandwich.

I smiled playfully.

"What would happen if I sell my soul to the devil?" I asked, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

She freaked out and held her rosary tight as she turned around to see me. I should tell you that she's extremely religious and she takes this stuff very seriously. It truly flips her out and she's capable of praying the rosary at least three times in a row. And I, of course, enjoy annoying her.

"Take that back immediately, Chloe!" she almost yelled.

"What's so wrong with it?" I asked amused.

"You know what I think about it! I'd rather have Bloody Mary right in front of me than the Lucifer," she said.

I tried not to laugh. I stood up and walked to the kitchen as well.

"Well, you know, I could consider it. I sell my soul to the devil for... I exactly don't know what for yet," I said thoughtfully.

"Shut up! Stop talking!" she screamed.