Chapter 2

Elizabeth woke up to meet red eyes. She squinted.

"Good, you're awake. Elaine! She's up!" Ban's voice yelled.

Elizabeth was then hugged, tight. She looked down and saw Elaine saying how glad she was that she's okay. For a petite girl, she's very strong in hugging.

"O-Okay, Elaine. I'm fine. That's enough hugging please." Elizabeth gasped when she finally let go. She then looked around her surroundings. "I'm guessing I'm in the infirmary?"

Ban nodded. "Yeah, you were unconscious for two hours."

Elizabeth slouched on the bed. "Wow, first I had a couple of terrible encounters with a rude boy, now I got hit in the head with a dodgeball hence getting me to the infirmary. My first day here isn't really that fantastic."

The couple looked at her with pity.

Elaine smiled. "Sorry about that. It's already lunchtime. Wanna go to the cafeteria?"

"Sure."

----------

"Elizabeth, this is Diane!" Elaine introduced. Elizabeth smiled at the girl with pigtails, but she only narrowed her eyes at her.

"Hmm..." Diane circled the confused silverette like a predator. "You're not into short boys with a shy nature and lazy personality, are you?"

Elizabeth shook her head hesitantly. "Uhm, no?"

Diane narrowed her eyes one more time at her before her face turned into a cheerful expression. "Well, that's a relief! I'm Diane, as Elaine said! You must be the new girl! Elizabeth, right? Wow, I love your eyes! They're a cute blue. Ooh! Your hair! I adore the color!"

Elizabeth's mouth went slightly agape as she just stared at the girl in front of her who turned from suspicious to excited. "Uhm?"

"She just checked if you were any threat of hers and King's relationship. Don't worry, you're safe." Ban whispered to her.

The silverette giggled. "Oh, well that's good I guess."

"King! Over here!" Elaine called out from all across the cafeteria. A boy looking similar to Elaine waved back as he approached.

He yawned. "Hey, guys. What's u-"

His eyes went wide when he saw Elizabeth. She waved at him excitingly. "Hey King!"

"El-Elizabeth? Elizabeth!" King gave her a side hug. "When did you transfer here?"

"Just today." Elizabeth replied then she smirked. "I heard you're dating someone."

King lightly blushed. "Yeah, I'm guessing Elaine told you. And you've already met her?"

Elizabeth nodded.

Suddenly, the whole cafeteria went quiet when someone burst through the doors. It was a boy with brown hair and black eyes. He seemed terrified of something. "Someone! Help me!"

"Hey, isn't that Lucius from the basketball team?" Diane asked.

"Yeah. He was also the reason why the team lost their game last week. The captain wasn't very pleased." Ban said. He then noticed someone missing. "Uh, where'd Elizabeth go?"

"Are you okay?" The group heard the said girl's voice from Lucius' direction. They were surprised when they saw her trying to comfort the boy.

Lucius looked at her with a scared expression. "You gotta help me! H-He's coming for me!"

"What?" Elizabeth looked at him confused. She noticed everyone giving him pitied looks. As if they know why he's so terrified. "Who's coming for you?"