New York- 3

"So tell me about yourself." Harry said after a while.

Louis looked up with a small smile.
"Ehm, I'm from Doncaster."

"Oh, That's where that cute accent is from? Yorkshire? I'm from Holmes Chapel in Cheshire." Harry smiled.

Cute accent? Cute? Louis can't believe Harry just said that!
"Okay, never been there. Ehm, I'm 27 years old and..."

"I'm 25!" Harry chipped in with a smirk.

Okay, Louis can play this game.
"Still a baby then." He winked to see how Harry would react.

Harry pouted adorably.
"Na-ah! That's only two years apart."

Louis leaned back on his chair with a smile.
"Well, I'm turning 28 on the 24 of December."

"My birthday is on the 1 of February." Harry responded with a smile.

"See? I'm three years older!" Louis smirked.

"No, you're like two years and like 2 months older. Not a big deal." Harry winked.

Okay, was Harry flirting with him, or was he just friendly? It was hard to tell.

"Tell me about your family." Harry said.

Louis' heart sank in his chest.
"I grew up with me mum. I have six siblings, five sisters, and one brother.
I'm the oldest."

Harry's eyes grew wide.
"Woah! That's a lot of siblings!"

"Yeah, it's great. One of me sisters died recently and me mum passed away a couple of years ago so it's been tough." Louis said with a sigh.

Harry's features softened immediately.
"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks. I didn't mean to kill the mood." Louis replied.

"Don't worry about it. Thanks for telling me. I lost my stepdad a couple of years ago. It was hard. We were close. I still have my mum and my sister in England. I wish I could see them more often." Harry said with a sad frown that tugged at Louis' heartstrings.

"It must be hard to be away from your family." Louis answered compassionately.

"Yeah, well...this is depressing. Tell me why you're here in New York." Harry suggested with a smile.

"I'm going on a road trip. I'm gonna drive from New York to Los Angeles." Louis said excitedly.

"No way! I always wanted to do that! Cool!" Harry grinned.

Louis let out a giggle. Harry was adorable. The beautiful man was looking at him with sparkling eyes.
"So you're going on your own? No friend or partner to accompany you? That's daring to say at least."

"Just me. It's me dream and I don't have a boyfriend so..." Louis replied and noticed that Harry wised up at the mention of a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend. Now he knew that he was gay and single. Very subtle Louis.

Harry didn't say anything about it. He just smiled at Louis.
"I want to hear more about your traveling plans. Do you want to take a shower first?"

Louis let out a grunt.
"Yes! I've been on a plane for eight hours. A shower would be heavenly."

They stood up and cleared the table together. Harry went to get Louis' suitcase to carry it for him and took him to the guestroom. He fetched a clean towel from a cabinet and showed him the bathroom. Louis thanked him again and Harry left the room with a smile and closed the door behind him. Louis opened his suitcase and found his toiletries. He stripped out of his clothes and headed to the bathroom attached to the bedroom.

He almost moaned when the warm water washed over his stiff muscles but he wanted to take a quick shower so he could spend as much time with Harry as he could. He would leave tomorrow and that would be it.

He hurried to wash his hair and body and stepped out of the shower and dried himself with the soft towel that Harry had given him. He brushed his teeth, fixed his hair, and put on deodorant. He scratched his chin and realized he needed to shave so he plugged in his electric razor and took care of it. He finished off with his favorite after-shave and went back to his suitcase to find some clean clothes.

Harry had dressed in some sweats and a T-shirt after his shower so Louis decided to do the same. He put on some boxers and his best-looking sweats and a t-shirt that showed off some of his chest tattoos. He put on some socks as well. No need to be uncivilized. He took one last look in the mirror before he stepped out of the room.

Harry was sitting in the living room and looked up as soon as he heard Louis. His face immediately broke out in a smile.
"You cleaned up well."

Louis rolled his eyes in response and walked over to sit down on the couch next to Harry. His leg was still soared but he didn't limp as much as before. Harry was staring at his arms and chest. Louis cleared his voice. Harry's eyes snapped up to meet his.
"Sorry, I was just looking at your tattoos. I didn't know you had so many."

"Well, so do you." Louis smirked.

"Yeah, I just realized we have some matching tattoos. It's kind of creepy in a way." Harry said and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Creepy?" Louis chuckled.

"Look at this!" Harry held out his arms. "I have a ship and you have a compass, I have an anchor and you have a rope, I have a heart and you have an arrow. I have a rose and you have a dagger. Creepy!"

"That is kind of creepy. So we like the same themes on our tattoos. That's kind of cool and weird." Louis grinned.

"Yeah... Okay, moving on. Tell me about your trip." Harry smiled.

"Well, let's see...I'm gonna stay here for five days and then I'm getting a rental car to drive to Philadelphia. I'm gonna visit an Amish community there." Louis started off.

"That's so cool!" Harry shouted and put a hand on Louis' arm in excitement.

Louis just smiled and continued to tell Harry his plans. Harry seemed genuinely interested the whole time and asked him questions or just made small outbursts of excitement. He was so down to earth. Louis had a hard time combining this Harry with the popstar Harry he'd seen and read about. Not that Harry ever had been portrayed as a bad person in the media. A womanizer maybe but always sweet and kind. Louis couldn't help but wonder about the vibe he was getting from Harry. Like Harry found him attractive. He wondered if that was true or if he was just delusional.