Chapter 1 (a) - Hello, Goodbye (Primrose)

Primrose sat nervously in the E.R department at Massachusetts General Hospital; chewing her nails and fiddling with her hair. For the past couple of hours, she had been experiencing excruciating abdominal pain and had tried all the remedies she thought would have taken the pain away: a bath, a hot water bottle, eating a banana, drinking jasmine tea and taking pain relief, but nothing worked. Although if Primrose had gone to the E.R at Edenbrook, she would have been treated straight away, she didn't want anyone at work asking questions. Nobody knew what she was going through, although people started to get suspicious, in particular Sienna.

Primrose knew exactly what was happening to her, but she wanted a doctor to confirm her worst thought. Primrose tried everything to distract herself whilst she waited, but her mind kept wondering to Ethan. Coward. Ethan was currently working with the World Health Organisation in the Amazon, trying to stop the outbreak of a serious disease from spreading across the world. Whilst everyone thought Ethan was brave for travelling over there, Primrose thought otherwise. As soon as Naveen promotes me, Ethan stopped talking to me. He treated me like a piece of rubbish. Like I was cheap and easy. He didn't even have the guts to say goodbye to me or anything. He just left and hasn't kept in contact. He's left me in this situation and now he'll be back soon, pretending like nothing happened between us and acting the hero. Primrose looked around her in the waiting room, it was filled with patients from all walks of life. Most were on their own, but Primrose felt a bang of jealousy when she saw peoples' partners showering their girlfriends/ boyfriends with warmth and affection. Fuck him.

"Primrose, the doctor is ready for you now. Please go to room 1B" the nurse, Lucy said. Here goes nothing. Primrose had been in the E.R for over 6 hours. She had been examined by a general doctor but was now going to be examined by a specialist. They're all thinking what I'm thinking. It's serious if they need a specialist.

"Hello, Doctor Di Georgio. I read in your file that you're a junior fellow at Edenbrook under Doctor Ramsey?" That bastard. Everyone has to mention him. Even when he's miles apart; him and I are still intertwined together.

"Umm...yeah...I'm a doctor. I just got promoted, but Doctor Ramsey isn't at Edenbrook at the moment. He's in the Amazon" Why can't he stay there? It'd be the best for both of us.

"Career change?... "The doctor laughed. Primrose tried to pretend to laugh as well. "...He's always been brave. Doctor Ramsey is married to his job and nothing is going to change that. He's a wonderful doctor." Why are you telling me this?

"Yeah..." It's obvious his job comes first. He proved that multiples time to me.

"I'm Doctor Izzie Grey, but please call me Izzie. I've read your report, and whilst I do think you and Doctor Monroe are right about your diagnosis, I just need to examine you to be certain."

Izzie left the room whilst Primrose undressed herself, put on her hospital gown and made herself comfortable on the bed. Awkward. The two examinations were quick, but for Primrose she felt like they lasted a lifetime. For the whole time Primrose looked up at the ceiling; she refused to look down when Izzie examined her and just did as instructed. I feel like I'm losing my virginity again. She refused to look at the screen when her 2nd and last examination was taking place. I can't hear anything, I knew it.

"I'm very sorry Primrose" Izzie said as she handed her a box of tissues. Primrose couldn't stop her tears from flowing, even though she knew she had been correct about her diagnosis, but deep down she had hoped she was wrong. Fuck you Ethan. It feels better to blame you for this and not myself.

"It's okay, it wasn't meant to be"

"It never gets easier to give this news. I've done this job for almost a decade and telling couples..." At that Primrose looked away from the ceiling and directly into Izzie's eyes. She could see Izzie wincing and biting her tongue.

"I understand what you're trying to say Izzie. I don't envy you, I couldn't do your job, not even if you paid me a million dollars, but you're good at it." Primrose jumped off the bed and changed into her own clothes.

"Thank you, Primrose. I'm sad and sorry it's happened to you. You'll get your chance again in the future. Don't give up. I'm not going to patronise you with what is going to happen to you next, as you know. Take same days off work. If not for your mental state but for your physical state."

"Sure. Thanks again" I'm going to back to work tomorrow, I need to move on and act like this never happened.

Primrose reached into her coat pocket and held the envelope in her trembling hands. She cried when she read the note. 'I Know Your Secrets. I'm going to tell' . The note was anonymous but it was enough to scare Primrose. Which secret? Who would send this? My friends? Is it a joke? Laundry? Declan? I really need to go to work and forget about everything that has happened.

💕💕💕💕

Hi everyone 😘 this is my first ever chapter in book 2. I'm playing on writing it as I finish my 1st book and play the game. Definitely adding new scenes and chapters that the game won't cover. Hope you shall all enjoy it and poor Primrose 💔💔💔