Chapter 35

Julianna was released from the hospital that afternoon. We didn't speak much when she came to get her belongings. She told me that she was leaving to go back to Boston, and that she wasn't coming back. We said our goodbyes, and then she was gone. Of course it bothered me that I knew I would never see my ex-best friend anymore, but at the same time it didn't. It hadn't worked out. I regretted everything I had done and would take it back any day, but Julianna had made her choice. And that was her decision.        

       And that was the last time I ever saw Julianna Mahoney.

       Three days later, I was preparing for my concert in the city. I had rehearsed at the stadium constantly, barely taking a break. Ecstatic as I was for a chance at a world tour, I was so nervous. I wished I had a best friend I could confide in, a girl, that would understand. Of course Tom was always there to talk to, and Dylan whenever I wanted company. But I had realized that I needed a girl there, and not just boys. Dylan had been staying at my house considering "things with Tyler weren't going well." Dylan told me that Tyler was always getting angry at him. He obviously missed Julianna so badly and I wanted to know what he had done to cause them to break up.

       "You almost ready to go?" Dylan called from the foot of the stairs, snapping me out of my train of thoughts.

       "Coming!" I shouted back, looking at myself once more in the mirror and taking a deep breath. I wasn't even in an outfit for the concert, but looking in a mirror always helped boost my confidence. I would be in a dressing room before the show in New York City. The concert had been sold out, which definitely boosted even more confidence. I was an infamous singer and actress, having only acted in one movie. I had done concerts before and had hit Number One on the radio before, and then died out the past few years. But never had I had a world tour in my entire career.

       I ran downstairs, my feet hitting the steps in a pattern.

       "Ready?" Dylan asked me, grinning.

       "Ready."

*        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *         *         *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *

       The screams were deafening as I walked on cheerfully in my sequin dress. It was cold out, the freezing air hitting my skin. The concert was a small one outside, but it was full of people. At least 2,000 people had come to see me. I saw Dylan, Tom, Dani, and suprisingly, Tyler sitting in the front row, clapping and cheering. Dylan wolf-whistled and I tried not to laugh at his cheesiness.

       I made an introduction speech and started off the concert, singing all of my hits. There was an intermission in the middle, and then back to the music. It was going very well, and I got worried every time  I had to change into a new outfit, thinking I wouldn't make it on stage at the right time. Towards the end of the concert, I sang a single that had just written-- the love song to Dylan. I looked at Dylan the whole time, and he was just staring at me with that goofy grin of his. Then the finale was the song that had made me hit No. 1 on iTunes.

       I never spotted the critics, didn't know where they were, but I knew I had done well. I was nervous, excited, doubtful, and hopeful all at the same time to find out what the results would be. I closed up the concert with a, "Goodnight New York!" and walked off the stage. I was led to my dressing room to get changed by managers. When I was alone, I squealed of happiness, as cheesy as it sounds.

       I changed into normal clothes and left to find Dylan and the others. A large group of fans who had stayed for autographs were waiting outside and started to scream when they saw me. I greeted them and signed many autographs, took pictures, ridiculous selfies, and hugged fans.         It felt great to be back in the singing business.

       After almost all of the fans had vanished, which took a very long time, I saw my friend Kasey nearing me, followed by three other people wearing business-like clothes--- the critics. Out of habit, I flattened my messy hair out and tried to make myself look better. These were the critics after all.

       "Darling!" Kasey squealed and pulled me into a hug. She loved calling me darling. Kasey and I had met when I was asked to come down to

Threshold Recording Studios. She was the one who had shown me around and she was also the secretary, or however you would call it.

       "Hello," the only woman of the three critics greeted me, smiling warmly and holding out a hand for me to shake. I politely took it and greeted her back. "Your performance was astounding, Ms. Hull. We are truly impressed."

       "Thankyou!" I exclaimed sincerely.

       "Now we would have to discuss the details, but how would you like to announce a world tour to the public?"