*Species Guide*

I saw someone do this with their stories and thought I'd try it out since my supernatural creatures are based on different sources! :D

Vampires

General: 

-immortal

-can compel people with direct eye contact and only works on humans.

-there are some vampires that have a 'gift'. It can be anything from mind-reading to elemental manipulation.

 -garlic and holy objects are myths.

 -silver burns their skin and can cause bleeding and open wounds if left on the skin.

-ancient fae created rings (that are now mass-produced) that are enchanted and allow vampires to be in the sun without having to worry about being turned to ash.

-there is still a fair bit of hatred and stereotyping toward vampires. There are vamp-haters and fang-bangers (people who enjoy having sex with vampires while they're being fed on).

-vampires have never kept their existence a secret.

Hybrids:

-hybrids between a vampire and any species are rare and not much is known about them.

-usually have some sort of downfall compared to other vampires (less strength, less speed, lower senses, gifts are even rarer, compelling can be a problem)

-the mother of the hybrid can survive the pregnancy and childbirth by drinking human blood throughout the pregnancy and making sure to have plenty of blood on hand during childbirth.

-can drink blood or eat human food (though, blood is the only thing that really satisfies them)

-silver still affects them, though they need to be exposed to it longer.

-sun doesn't affect them

Blood/Feeding:

-vampires can feed off any humanoid being, except for werewolves.

-vampires do have venom for when they feed, but it acts as a painkiller and isn't used to turn people into vampires.

-fangs are retractable and come out when hungry, threatened, over-emotional, or aroused (sensitive when aroused)

-when feeding, a vampire's eyes turn black and they get black veins around their eyes.

-there are clubs where vampires can feed on humans.

-any type of human or animal blood can be ordered and delivered.

-against the law to feed on someone unwillingly.

-it can be a pleasurable experience for the person being fed on and is intensely pleasurable for the vampire. 

-feeding during sex is a very erotic and intense experience. Usually saved for mates or a vampire with one person they feed off of as it creates a bond between the two (feeling where they are or if they're in danger)

-vampire blood can heal almost any wound (fatal wounds are an exception to hybrid blood) and gives a euphoric feeling to anyone that ingests it.

Mates:

-a mate is a person that the vampire is fated to be with. This person can be any species (rare for a vampire and werewolf to be mated, but it has happened)

-purring is something that only happens with a vampire's mate. It's used as a way to show contentment and affection or as a way of calming their mate.