desensitized

the face of the old man, when found was left untouched, the rest of body sadly, they could not say the same. still screaming, he dragged himself down the dirty path, there were parts of the old man already gone, his legs below the knees, hanging on to a thread. it trailed behind leaving a trail of blood as it gushed out, like a wild river untamed and out of control.

his skin peeled off and feel to the ground, the old man had made his injuries worse by dragging his body along the ground, he wouldn't last long the loss of blood would likely kill him. the demon had been chased away by the slayers before he could kill the old man. 

 Zenitsu sat crying watching the old man die before his eyes, the sound was horrible, it echoed through his ears, it was a sound that he would never forget. when zenitsu looked at tanjiro he expected to see a look of horror. tanjiro didn't react when he saw the man, he looked rather bored and wanted to carry on the mission to find the demon. zenitsu didn't understand tanjiro was a kind and caring person, to see him barely was scary. maybe he had seen his families death and that was what got him desensitized from scenes like this. 

"come on lets go" 

tears was still running down his face when tanjiro stated this, a look of horror filled zenitsu's face realizing that tanjiro intended to leave the mans corpse in the middle of the road, still bleeding out. his blood pouring out in multiple places leaving pools of red.

"we cant leave him here!" shouted zenitsu, his face turning red. " the demon could come back, we need to lay him to rest"

"or we could use his body to lure the demon back and kill the demon before it comes too close to the body"
 " we can wait in the trees and jump down and slice off the head before it reaches the body."

the colour drained from zenitsu's face, he cant be serious right? Using the old mans body as lure to bring back the demon? 

"YOU CANT BE SERIOUS" he screamed at tanjiro, he barely reacted once more. It scared zenitsu that tanjiro could be so heartless to the poor man that had died from the demon attack. but it didn't matter to tanjiro as long as he got to kill the demon.