Confessions?

~Shikamaru's POV~

I wake up next to... NOTHING?! Where's (Y/N). Choji's gone too? What happened where are they? I walk out of the tent and everyone is having breakfast. oops, I overreacted a little. 

"Hey guys" I say

"Oh good morning Shikamaru" Ino and Choji say. I don't see (Y/N) 

"Hey guys? Where's (Y/N)?"

"I thought she was in your tent?" Ino says

"She was but she was gone when I woke up" I say Where the fuck is she?

"What do you think happened to her?" Choji said

"Hey guys, What's wrong is everything alright?" (Y/N) says 

"Thank God she's ok" I say to myself

"We were just looking for you. Where were you?" Ino says

"Oh um... I was just peeing" She starts cracking up. What did I do to get blessed with her beautiful laugh?

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I told them I went to go pee when I really didn't. But I couldn't tell them the truth they would get mad. What I actually went to do was go search for the Akatsuki base. I didn't want them to know so I made up that I went to go pee. I left early in the morning so nobody would hear me. I don't know if I should tell Shikamaru, I tell him everything. I think I will so I'm not keeping secrets from him.

"Hey Shikamaru?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you about something"

~Shika's POV~ 

Finally my chance to tell her how I feel

"Ok" I say "Right now? or.."

"Yeah Right now" she says

We walk into the forest and walk to a tree

"Shikamaru this is really important and I don't want you to be mad" Why would I get mad?

"Ok but I need to tell you something too"

"I want to go first. Shikamaru, I've been going out in pursuit of the Akatsuki"

"What?! Why?!"

"Because you know what they did to Asuma... Also, I have a suspicion"

"What suspicion? I know what they did to Asuma but you can't just pursuit them on your own. How long have you been doing this for?"

"I've only been doing it for about a week, and for the suspicion, I don't think I can tell you yet."

"Why not?! I thought we were friends!" I regret yelling at her but she can't do this on her own. Saying we were friends hurt me a little

"I can't tell you because if I tell you then I'll expose something that I've been keeping from you and I don't think you can handle it yet"

"(Y/N) you know I don't like secrets please just tell me!"

"I'm a jinchuriki alright! I think the Akatsuki are trying to capture us jinchuriki alright! There, happy now?!"

I stood there dumbfounded, I didn't know what to say. I did NOT see THIS coming. (Y/N) walked away in frustration. I can't tell her how I feel right now. I don't want to piss her off more I'll just tell her later. I just sat there waiting, contemplating what just happened.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Sure, I feel bad that I yelled at Shikamaru and left but what else was I supposed to do? He was yelling at me too! I told him that I didn't want him to get mad. I didn't want to tell him about Gyuki because I didn't think he was ready. I just hope the 8 tails doesn't come out because of my anger. I go back to the camp and see Choji and Ino.

"What happened? Where's Shikamaru?" Ino asked

"I was telling him something that made him yell at me and I got mad and yelled at him back and ran away" I say in response

"What did you tell him?" Choji asked

"Something that I don't think I can tell you guys yet."

"Oh alright" They both said understandingly 

"Thank you for respecting my privacy guys" I say finally calming down

"We just don't want you to tell us something you think we don't need to know, our friendship is built out of trust so it's not that hard" Ino explains

"Yeah, we don't need you to tell us EVERYTHING" Choji adds

"Thanks, guys" I say happy that I have them as friends

Shikamaru came back and told us that we're leaving.

"Shikamaru, I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier"

"No, I'm sorry I'm the one that yelled at you first even after you told me that you didn't think I was ready. I was the one that overreacted, I was the one that was being immature in that situation."

"Thank you, Shikamaru I know you always understand. This is why I love you" I say the words "This is why I love you" to myself

"But about the situation, I want to help you. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Ok, on one condition"

"Which is?"

"You listen to me so we don't end up both hurt" 

"Alright" Shikamaru says understanding my point

"Are we close yet?" Choji and Ino catch up

"Choji,  you already know that it takes 3 days to get to the sand village"

"But I'm tired"

"We just started walking, Choji" Ino butts in

"UGHHHHHH I don't want to do this" Choji complains 

"Choji stop complaining this is a mission" Shikamaru says

"Oh alright" Choji finally complies 

And with that, we're a day closer to the Sand village. A day closer to seeing Temari. A day closer to seeing my friend Kankuro and Gaara. A day closer to getting my revenge on the Akatsuki.